Totally Freaked Out At Work This Morning!!!

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I've held it together pretty well at work for the last year or so at work. And I was starting to feel so much better, but apparently I'm still pretty fragile. I've mostly been getting the playroom ready by myself this week, since one of my co-workers is still on holidays in Cuba. This morning when I got to work I couldn't find the forms for the kids who were on respite, and the materials that I had prepared for my activity for today had disappeared, and by the time my supervisor showed up I was in tears. I felt so humiliated. I really don't like for her to see me in such a state, because I feel like it will reflect badly on her opinion of me. I'm afraid she will think that I can't handle any stress, when I know that's not true. Yesterday was pretty slow for awhile in the morning so I didn't get snack ready until kids arrived. I got other work done instead, and then when it got busy all of a sudden and needed extra help my supervisor asked my why I hadn't prepared snack while it was quiet. But why get it ready when there weren't even any kids yet, and had no idea if or when, and how many would come? I felt like I was being unfairly reprimanded, and I hadn't been sitting around twiddling my thumbs. I've been working my ass off this week because on co-worker is till on holidays. I might just end up wasting food. On top of that, this morning was super crazy with lots of babies and toddlers. ARRRRRGH! Sorry for the rant, I really needed to get this out.

J

john1

We have all experienced those days when work just seems like some game of mental torture that no one has told us the rules about, that is frustrating that the materials you had prepared had disappeared. I can understand you feeling awful at your supervisor finding you in tears. She will see you can handle the stress as next week is a new beginning. As for the old co-workers on holiday that always has an impact and there is not much you can do about it. The whole asking you about why you had nt got the snack ready etc sounds like something out of kafka.....you cant win sometimes can you!! Lots of kids and babies are tiring, kids you cant beat them can you, it's illegal (JOKE).
Sounds like you had a nightmare day, just take comfort in the fact that its over! Work is a 4 letter word (the smiths).

Hopefully your evening and weekend will give you time to forget it and prepare for yet another round of craziness next week.

T

TOONAFISH

(((spunky))) hope your afternoon goes quickly and you get home to chill out a bit. I know it isn't ideal to be crying at work, but you are only human , all of us do it at some point. don;t beat yourself up. speak to you later on? x

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thanks Toona. I am absolutely bone weary right now. I kept waking up last night from a sore throat and coughing, and started the day off totally exhausted. I guess I had my mini high, and now I've had my mini crash, which isn't really too bad as far as crashes are concerned. Hopefully I won't continue to slide down further. I'm goint to go shopping for shoes tomorrow, so hopefully I'll get a little lift from that, if I'm not too stressed about spending a lot of money.

John, sorry I gave you such a short reply. I was eating lunch and typing at the same time, and barely made it back to work on time. I'm lucky I live close enough to go home for lunch.

J

john1

No worries, i forgot about the time difference as well (doh)!

Glad the retail therapy helped despite the brown shoes sketch!! :rolleyes: