• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

tory candidate on about self reliance

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
the tory candidate for the election in my area is talking about self reliance, i've had schitzoprenia for 40 yrs i'm dependent on the benefit system, i've learnt i'm not able to support myself in work

yes one psychiatrist said i think you should lead an independent a life as possible

but theres nothing independent about begging off those faceless civil servants at the dwp

i guess i should be grateful i'm not in america were they really push self reliance

O

On Fire

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Is this the local election or the mayoral election?

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
it's the local election though shaun bailey the tory mayor candidate i've thought of voting for, after been attacked by the left on line including here i feel like getting even, and the tory candidate has said some controversial things i might not agree with totally but at least he's said them

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TooMuchPain

It is totally your choice to vote for whoever you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
did i say the left is out to get me i said i've had trouble with the left on line and elsewhere and feel like getting even, i find political correctness annoying something the right would agree with, maybe i have more in common with the right despite been told labour is on my side, think a lot of red wall voters felt similar

T

TooMuchPain

Sorry. I didn’t use the proper words. It wasn’t my intent to put words in your mouth.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Looney left? I have never heard of that. Apparently all teachers vote Labor but i don't know any who do.

Righteous right? ;)
I'm 100% conservative always
Although the older i get the more confusing it is.
I wonder who JVT votes for?
I wonder who Chris Witty votes for
That would be interesting.
Who would the Queen vote for?
Kate, probably conservative.

I don't like Kier and i didn't like Corbyn. Kier was so gobby in parliament the other day about the flat renovation. I agree with the point but not how it takes over the news and not that he gets nasty and all Jeremy Kyle.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
there was that joke in spitting image many years ago were you hear this women saying we've got 2 one parent familys in the family and a son on the dole do you think we should have voted labour, and it's the queen

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
Looney left? I have never heard of that. Apparently all teachers vote Labor but i don't know any who do.

Righteous right? ;)
I'm 100% conservative always
Although the older i get the more confusing it is.
I wonder who JVT votes for?
I wonder who Chris Witty votes for
That would be interesting.
Who would the Queen vote for?
Kate, probably conservative.

I don't like Kier and i didn't like Corbyn. Kier was so gobby in parliament the other day about the flat renovation. I agree with the point but not how it takes over the news and not that he gets nasty and all Jeremy Kyle.
whose jvt i'm out of touch don't know who chris witty is maybe i should start reading the tabloids though most are behind a pay wall

W

WDR98

I'm in the same boat and totally dependent on benefits. I'm a member of the labour party but will be voting Lib dem as it is the only party that has a chance of beating the Tories in my area. The Tories have and will always cut and be against a decent welfare system.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
shaun bailey has said women are gettting pregnant to jump the housing list and taking housing from needy people, if there is a housing crisis shortage of housing raises the price benefiting tory landlords it's tory policy

he's also reported as saying that homeless people can save up the 5000 for a mortgage deposit. i thought you need to have a job to be even considered for a mortgage

he also says a universal income some would spend it on drugs or alcohol i've had neighbours like that

i am confused when i express myself on line and elsewhere left people attack me can't help feeling the left are attacking my right to free speech something they accuse the right off, and my only way of getting even is to not vote for them, maybe then they might eventually get the message their brand of bigotry isn't shared

Hillman hunter

Hillman hunter

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Well I worked for years , weekends , new year etc etc.
Then went mad with the help of a few bullying workmates and am on benefits.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Well I worked for years , weekends , new year etc etc.
Then went mad with the help of a few bullying workmates and am on benefits.
Workplace bullying is part of what pushed me over the edge and popped me into mania too. It’s such a sickness of modern living.

Nutsy

Nutsy

Can't believe anyone that's on benfits would even consider voting Tory. They consistently do their best to cut NHS funding, cut benefits and then make those benefits harder to claim.

People need to stop voting for people and start voting for policies.