Top of the world, back down to earth

B

Bocuseofremy

I started seeing my best friend as more than a friend, having left my previous partner who was not good for my mental health, it was the happiest I have been in years, genuinely felt like nothing could stop me, suddenly she has put the breaks on the whole thing, something I can understand as she's not in a right place mentally to proceed and I just wanted to know how can I pick myself back up and get back to being happy again because I felt like I have taken one step forward and ten back at this point

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hiya and :welcome: to the forum. I think you need to just cool down a little but its so hard when you have feelings for another person. I think you answered your own question - they aren't ready for a relationship right now.

Do you think you will find someone else in time? I just wondered. Sorry I can't be more help.

Take care

Calypso

B

Bocuseofremy

Hi Calypso, see I don't know what's going on, she's a way on a holiday and it was just before she left it occurred she says she doesn't know what she wants and she says she has the fear, I don't know if I will ever find anyone quite like her she was my best friend and I have never felt so strongly about someone I am totally destroyed

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
I'm so sorry for you, the pain will get easier.
Hope you have family and friends that can support you.
You will hopefully find that happiness again.
Take care