• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Too Tired

C

charlie17

Hi i am new to this forum and wondered if anyone could give me advice i have alot of health problems at the moment. Cause i am in alot of pain due to ceasarean bodge up still undergoing tests?? I am also addicted to sleeping tablets which i am desperate to get off zopiclone. I dont sleep with them or without them the side effects are horrendous i am in a daze half the day my head foggy have muscle weakness slurred speach and general weakness also severe daytime aniexty. Have tried anitdepressants but none of them have worked. Tried valerian, milky drinks exercise, homoepathy am totally worn out any advice.

S

*Sapphire*

Hi Charlie17

And :welcome: to the forum.

I took zopiclone for a couple of years, however did manage to sleep with them. It took me a while to come off them. They are not addictive as such, but your body can get used to having them to get you off to sleep, it gets lazy and relies on the chemicals in the zopiclone rather than creating it's own sleep inducing chemicals.

I did feel strange for a while coming off them because of the lack of sleep, so I made sure I was off work when I did so that I was not under any extra stress or pressure.

Have you tried any meditation? This can really help, and even if it does not get you off to sleep it can relax your body to the degree that you feel rested and refreshed following. I also find a practice called mindfulness helps as it can clear your mind and help stop any racing thoughts you might be having. There is alot on the web about mindfulness. Mindfulness is also taught to people with long term pain management problems where medication fails. It has so many positive effects.

Chamomile tea really helps me to. I actually buy the dried flower heads then put them in a metal teabag and infuse it in hot water. For me it has quite a powerful relaxing effect and to my knowledge is not harmful or addictive.

Take care
Sapphire

C

charlie17

sapphire

Thanks

I have tried herbal teas and nothing. Medications and i am sensitive have been mitazapine, amytrytline not good, trazadone doped me so much that i now have 2 slipped discs and cant take ssri. i also have pelvic pain being investigated. was thinking of trying either 5http or melatonin?? Any other suggestions would be helpfull.

L

lonelyandlost

Like saphire said meditation is good, I self taught myself this and I find it doe help.

Also things like lavender in bath or on the pillow can help,

Have you tried St Johns Wort? if not maybe looking into that could be something for you....but make sure you seek advice before using it, esp if you are on other med for other things

C

charlie17

Hi

yep lavender on the wrists and baths. Doc put me on douslepin felt so ill thought my eyes where gona fall out.

C

chezz

:grouphug::grouphug:hi,sorry to hear that things are not good for you,im not so sure about giving you advice on meds,but i empathzise with the back pain,massage and gentle stretching can help give you more flexability with your back,it might even help you with a more natural sleep take care lol

bluenomore

bluenomore

Hi Too Tired,

Can't offer much in the way of advice, but I'd like to say...
:welcome: :)

C

charlie17

hello

:grouphug::grouphug:hi,sorry to hear that things are not good for you,im not so sure about giving you advice on meds,but i empathzise with the back pain,massage and gentle stretching can help give you more flexability with your back,it might even help you with a more natural sleep take care lol
thanks cos its killing me still no sleep and hate taking the zopi.. hope u are well.