Too Smart For Own Good

supergreysmoke

supergreysmoke

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I've a diagnosis of bipolar, was at one time schizophrenia, but the more I think the more I wonder if this has some bearing on my mental health? or lack of health? or both? I'm not particularly good at IQ tests but somethings I find easy that take other folks years to figure out....like Brexit is a bad idea.

The Outsiders | Grady M. Towers – The Prometheus Society

J

jack black

yeah, too smart folks tend to overthink pretty much everything and if you have negative thoughts, the number and depth of them could be overwhelming. you need to use the power of your brain to reprogram yourself through positive thinking, self-validation, meditation, and how to deal with the ANTs (automatic negative thoughts).
Automatic Negative Thoughts (ANTs): How to Break the Habit

supergreysmoke

supergreysmoke

ACCOUNT CLOSED
It's easier for simple folk who don't realize they are in a barrel headed for a waterfall edge.

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

making the claim you are really smart puts a bad taste in everyone's mouth having a ego that big wont do you any good

megirl

megirl

I know I am an Intelligent person, doesn't mean I am more smart or clever than the next person. As far as mental health goes no one is immune as for me somehow thinking I was immune from experiencing anxiety and the horrible symptoms attached and I was quite arrogant in regards to anxiety. And yep the anxiety and having to deal with that was terrifying tbh I had no control over it. That was the scariest the fact I couldn't control it.

supergreysmoke

supergreysmoke

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I'm not saying I'm smart to the nth degree. Bipolar and high functioning smarts are company for one another though. I find I worry about things that other people shrug off. And I worry myself to the point of being ill sometimes, going without sleep and every negative scenario under the sun springing to mind.

J

jack black

i forgot to mention, stop watching/listening news. when i did that i instantly felt much better.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Bipolar Forum 5
Y Bipolar Forum 1