• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Too much emotions

M

MacDonald

hi am a person who suffers from anxiety and panic attacks. I am wondering if I have unipolar depression too because some days I feel happy and have a lot of energy and can do a lot of things. On bad days I have low self esteem, I don't sleep well and I have less apetite...I drink too much coffee and get low glucose in my body. I have ruled out bipolar because I don't think I have had a manic episode yet. My worst problem right now is panic attacks. I panic if I have to do something stressful. I go shopping alone and I find myself feelingg very scared or very excited and suddenly crying or talking alot in the middle of the street. I was angry because I experienced bullying at my job some time ago. And now the emotinal state has built up to panic attacks and sudden feelings of guilt and low self esteem. I sometimes feel I'm going slightly crazy. I can't find any therapist at the moment. All the energy I feel on good days are beneficial to my life, but then I wake up monday and all that joy and happiness is gone. I talk a lot to myslef, more then normal when I'm alone. One week ago I couldn't sleep and eat very much for about 2-3 days and I wondered if I had a psychoses and needed to admit myself to a hospital. The worst thing that is happening to me right now is that I feel anxious a lot of the time.

I wonder if anyone knows how serious I should take my state of mind and do you think I should try to get some medication?

H

hiddenharvestmouse

maybe you have manic depression, i talk to myself a lot when im alone, i find it helps sometimes, in my opinion you should stop drinking too much coffee

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MacDonald

i eventually talked to a psychiatrist later next week. my panic attacks are better now i don't get them. The psychiatrist said that I had been isolating too much she said i needed to go out and meet poeple more. Yes coffee can make people nervous it's the caffeine. I tried to go to macdonalds and have a meal and don't think negative. I managed to sit there for 20 minutes without panickig. it isn't good to be alone so much.

Anyway thanks for answering my post hope you are doing fine too :)

Rosepoet

Rosepoet

hi hopeyou feelin better. i think depression is all about having way too much emotion. i wear all my feelins on my sleeve. i.realise that now after years of cycling depression. i find that i like who i am though and as i recover from another dark period i am changing my life so i do what i want and instead of fighting the panic i am feelin it acknowledging it and living and breathing in spite of these sneaky panic attacks.
i had them years ago ispent my babies first two years thinking i was gonna die. but haa ha i beat thenm andd got backkk to work andddd forfive years no panic . this year ii started feelin bad again but im still here it feels like not actuallytuned in on edge all time. the stress is incredible butt we can beat this

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 14
S Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4