• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Too many worries and compulsions taking up time...needing support.

R

RainAndSunshine

Just needing to talk to others about what I've been going through since i don't have a therapist, plus anyone I'm close to does not understand at all...I've heard it all..."too much time on your hands", etc etc.. I get bothered of small objects lying around, I worry about tracking it onto my clothes (like if my clothes are lying somewhere and I worry WHAT IF something fell in, I take too much time trying to shake it out, what if something fell in my slippers since they're open-toe slippers) I try hard to make sure I also don't bring anything into my bed since I sleep there, I'm now changing out of my living room clothes before going in my bed... I also took too long with my compulsions of checking my blankets and bed sheets too. The thought of random little things accidentally falling in either my clothes, underwear and bed gives me anxiety... I know it's irrational because I would think "what if this button (that is still properly attached to the clothing) falls off on it's own, then it falls in my bed or other clothes"... maybe it's a contamination thing...I noticed some dust got on the outside of my pants..I dusted it off while I was still wearing it, then my I realized my thoughts went to thinking...do I need to worry about the dust from my pants now falling to my feet and slippers? ( was wearing these soft house slippers that are open-toe) I feel like... the "what ifs" go on and on and on... I'm catching myself with wayyy too many "what if" questions every day and realizing we cannot control the outcome of every possible scenario, there are just way too many "what ifs" and trying to "solve" all these in advance takes up soooo much time and is mentally draining...another good example...there were small pieces that came with these paint brushes to be thrown away but my friend accidentally left it there for a few days, I didn't notice them til later and threw them out and then worried...."what if there are more that fell on the chairs etc, what if it fell on the nooks and crannys of my clothes while I was wiping down the table?" geez, there's too many "what ifs"! I spent all this time examining the table, the chairs, trying to make sure there's nothing there... any input would be appreciated...I'm trying to see the lesson in this as... don't worry so much about all the "what if" scenarios because we can't control the outcome....sometimes I spend time asking myself...can I let this go or will the anxiety cripple me if I don't do the "checking"...I've been able to make progress with some things but not all.
Can anyone relate to this or have any feed back?
Sorry I know this was a lot.
Thanks so much...

Lizaje

Lizaje

That's me. You need meds.

Lizaje

Lizaje

That's me without meds..

D

Danp98

Got ocd but mines not washing hand just obsession abt getting a gf that odd

K

kayla77

@RainAndSunshine....I can identify with you. I myself am going thru to many Worries, and Compulsions. I have a compulsion when I fold clothes. I say God loves me, God loves us all, and I say this at least 5- 10 times until if feels right to fold them until my arms are tired. Not to mention ice-trays, washing dishes, going to the bathroom, taking a shower etc. So many etc's. It seems like these compulsions are affecting every aspect of my life. It's like I have these Religious OCD's where everything has to somewhat have a religious undertone, and check this out I'm not a Religious person, I don't go to Church or anything. I have to say that I do believe in God, at least I think I do. I want out of this Prison without Bars...

P

Purpleplum

When you're stuck in the cycle, yell "STOP!" and walk away from it. Every time it starts do that again. Put a rubber band on your wrist and snap it if that helps. Tell yourself everything is ok.

Also get some meds.

K

kayla77

When you're stuck in the cycle, yell "STOP!" and walk away from it. Every time it starts do that again. Put a rubber band on your wrist and snap it if that helps. Tell yourself everything is ok.

Also get some meds.
Thank you Purpleplum, this is just the reply I needed, and I will try this...