• Welcome! If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Too many counsellors

FastLaneC3

FastLaneC3

Is it normal to be shuffled between many counsellors (like up to 11 different counsellors in 2months)? Is it common to feel frustrated and confused by all the shuffling around?? I hate this and I hate having to tell each new counsellor my story because they want to "hear it first hand.." ..

FastLaneC3

FastLaneC3

Thats what I would like to know .. as soon as I find one I can really open up to, I get passed over because the other counsellor goes on vacation or whatever other excuse they can make up. Sometimes they dont even tell me why ... I am BEYOND frustration

S

*Sapphire*

Hi Fastlane

That sounds awful to me. Part of the therapeutic process is the relationship you have between the counsellor/therapist. How can you establish this if you only see them once and then only get to do intros and background chats? I would put in a complaint if you can and insist that they do not change your counsellors. Or at least find out why they may be changing them.
Explain to them that by just doing intros you are deriving very little, if any benefit from it.

Take care
Sapphire

dib4uk

dib4uk

:eek:

Gosh, no, thats not right and it would be rather distressing and distrusting of organisations to swop counsellors all the time.

Where do you see these people? are they from a charity?

How on earth can you ever been in a safe place to discuss and vent? your problems if you're seeing tom dick and harry every different time.

:flowers: