• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Too depressed to get help for depression. Ironic no?

H

hairybanana

When you make appointments to get help for your depression, but you’re too depressed to actually get out of bed and go to those appointments.

Meh.

Need to get my ass in gear. Hoping psychologist has sent along notes to gp so I don’t have to go over the hairy details. She’s going to panic, she did last time too. Hoping she doesn’t panic and lock me up, hoping she just throws a bunch of new meds my way. Yeeeaaa 🤙

But honestly, am just a wee bit nervous about todays appointment. Don’t really know where it’s going to go or how it’ll play out. Don’t know. Not knowing is the worst

H

hairybanana

Just remembered I’m meant to catch up with a mate tonight. He’s moving away so won’t see him til who knows when. Feels weird going out and seeing people knowing just a couple weeks ago I… well I wasn’t in a good place. It’s weird to think about. I’m here, and alive, but what if I wasn’t? What if I had died? What if I wasn’t here to go out and get burgers and drinks like everything is fine? Far out. I want to go cause he’s a good mate and he’s leaving. But putting on a mask, and after going to the docs today. Meh.

H

hairybanana

you deserve to feel better x
Cheers fairy 👍 yeah its a process. I’m just getting myself stressed out since I’ve been a bit unstable lately. I’m afraid of what will happen. Which is annoying cause that’s just friggen anxiety messing with my head. Psychologist assured me I’m not going to get myself locked up if i talk to her openly

Bhonest

Bhonest

I think you need a better shrink. 💁

Bhonest

Bhonest

Cheers fairy 👍 yeah its a process. I’m just getting myself stressed out since I’ve been a bit unstable lately. I’m afraid of what will happen. Which is annoying cause that’s just friggen anxiety messing with my head. Psychologist assured me I’m not going to get myself locked up if i talk to her openly
Like I said get a better Doctor. You have insight. That’s the most important thing.

H

hairybanana

Oh sorry. I’ve had bad experience with docs before.
Yeah me too. But no i think I’ve found good ones now. I’m just nervous about talking to the gp. It’s going to mean getting the ball rolling with a medication review and for that will need to see a psychiatrist. All new for me. New is scary.

H

hairybanana

I’m getting a bit stressed out here. Half an hour to get my ass ready and hustle but haven’t made an effort yet. I don’t know if i can make it in. I don’t know if i want to. I don’t know if i can do it

H

hairybanana

Yeah too stressed out about it. Just going to cancel it

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Depressed but too afraid to ask for help Depression Forum 2
Dingo16 What should I do on my birthday to keep myself from getting too depressed? Depression Forum 3
D I just let my problems stay as is and I don't do anything about them... too anxious to do what's needed, too depressed to want to do anything at all Depression Forum 4
S Need some advice about a man with depression (I am depressed too) Depression Forum 12
valleygirl Too Depressed To Get Off The Couch Depression Forum 26
C I want to quit my job but too depressed to work my 2 week notice Depression Forum 12
T Too depressed to actually do anything Depression Forum 7
annabanana Depressed, maybe bipolar? Get angry too easily Depression Forum 4
B Too depressed to go pick up prescription Depression Forum 7
E I can't handle emotionally the situation i'm in right now. I am too depressed. Depression Forum 3
V Depression has made my husband depressed too Depression Forum 5
F Too depressed to feel suicidal ? Depression Forum 11
B Too depressed to do anything.... Depression Forum 4
Signofthetimes Too tired Depression Forum 20
F Need help but too frightened of services Depression Forum 9
KittyCat92 Too tired Depression Forum 10
M Places you have been too that helps. Depression Forum 12
S It's too late, the damage is done Depression Forum 9
Ben32 Too many things going wrong at once Depression Forum 11
T it’s been too long Depression Forum 1
V I don't think I can do this anymore, too overwhelming to bare i'm just tired of it all Depression Forum 2
C A day too beautiful Depression Forum 12
T Reality has become way too depressing. Depression Forum 17
H I'm too suicidal Depression Forum 20
C I find life too difficult Depression Forum 11
G Just becoming too much to bear Depression Forum 4
J Sleeping too much Depression Forum 8
C I cried too hard Depression Forum 1
Dais Workbook about anxiety and depression I personally found useful. You may like it too. Depression Forum 2
W I'm in denial and too scared to ask for help Depression Forum 6
Hardknocks88 Too much control. Depression Forum 3
C Could expecting too much be making me feel miserable Depression Forum 10
trueloveseeker Pretty Extreme Depression From Basically Being Alone For Too Long Depression Forum 3
B My body breaks down Serotonin too quickly.. Depression Forum 2
T Me too bored with life Depression Forum 11
Droid0669 Spending too much time in bed Depression Forum 4
Emmy I’ll be your friend for awhile, if you’ll be my friend too. Depression Forum 29
D How do I make myself do things when I’m too tired to do them because of depression Depression Forum 21
M Eating too much and boredom, suggestions? Depression Forum 3
D DUNNO IF ANYONE HAS FELT THIS TOO? Depression Forum 2
M I bring too much importance to fictional characters Depression Forum 8
Y not sure how too cope Depression Forum 8
A What if there’s too many things wrong with you? Depression Forum 8
Hello513 Nothing brings me joy anymore even the things that used too Depression Forum 14
S Is a bit of encouragement from parents too much to ask for? Depression Forum 2
C Drinking too much Depression Forum 5
G Doctors need help too Depression Forum 11
S I Guess I expected too much Depression Forum 6
A I feel way too sad for a 26 year old. Depression Forum 6
JustAnotherHuman I talk too much Depression Forum 5