• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Too afraid to comment

frisas45

frisas45

That's right. I'm too afraid to comment on YouTube or any other social media. It's because of these asswipes who lash at me. That's right. It doesn't matter if I made a comment that wasn't dumb or offensive. The host has every stupid right to spew me with insults, and I'm fuckdamn pissed. If they do that shit, at very least make some COMMENTING RULES. For instance, which comments you should not say, what attitude the host doesn't like, and what are downright rude/stupid.

If the host wants everyone to shut up, then DISABLE the comments! Don't make an ass of yourself by lashing back! I'm so tired of seeing this shit over and OVER again.

And this makes me afraid when I comment on YouTube and even worse on Twitter. I'm scared of the host lashing at my ass or some shit... Mighty terrified right now... 😨😨😨

OCDguy

OCDguy

That's right. I'm too afraid to comment on YouTube or any other social media. It's because of these asswipes who lash at me. That's right. It doesn't matter if I made a comment that wasn't dumb or offensive. The host has every stupid right to spew me with insults, and I'm fuckdamn pissed. If they do that shit, at very least make some COMMENTING RULES. For instance, which comments you should not say, what attitude the host doesn't like, and what are downright rude/stupid.

If the host wants everyone to shut up, then DISABLE the comments! Don't make an ass of yourself by lashing back! I'm so tired of seeing this shit over and OVER again.

And this makes me afraid when I comment on YouTube and even worse on Twitter. I'm scared of the host lashing at my ass or some shit... Mighty terrified right now... 😨😨😨
Well said, speak your mind :)

E

EclipticNight

The perils of social media and the ability to hide who we are. Here it gives us a safe place but on Twitter it gives people a place to be a jackoff without anyone knowing.

I have the same problem. I used to leave steam reviews and youtube comments and people always found a way to attack me over it so i stopped. Im only active here and on one streamers chat on twitch ive known for years. I lurk everywhere else. Hell it took months before I would post here. Ironicly its in person that ill tell someone being an ass to shove it but i try to be nice online.

So if the host was an asshole, fuck him and the horse he rode in on. Speak your mind anyway.

frisas45

frisas45

The perils of social media and the ability to hide who we are. Here it gives us a safe place but on Twitter it gives people a place to be a jackoff without anyone knowing.

I have the same problem. I used to leave steam reviews and youtube comments and people always found a way to attack me over it so i stopped. Im only active here and on one streamers chat on twitch ive known for years. I lurk everywhere else. Hell it took months before I would post here. Ironicly its in person that ill tell someone being an ass to shove it but i try to be nice online.

So if the host was an asshole, fuck him and the horse he rode in on. Speak your mind anyway.
Social media is one big-ass bitch... Fuck that shit.

OCDguy

OCDguy

Social media is one big-ass bitch... Fuck that shit.
It's easy to take things personally. Another way of looking at it though, could be that it's a opportunity to learn at your own pace how to get your point across in a unprovoking way. Hope this helps :)

frisas45

frisas45

It's easy to take things personally. Another way of looking at it though, could be that it's a opportunity to learn at your own pace how to get your point across in a unprovoking way. Hope this helps :)
It's hard to do that, especially if some people are moody... When I comment, I try to be SUPER careful, but the anxiety increases.

OCDguy

OCDguy

It's hard to do that, especially if some people are moody... When I comment, I try to be SUPER careful, but the anxiety increases.
Your emotions and your thoughts are valid. It's just a question of learning how to communicate them in a non-escalating effective way. For example, if you let those people know the adverse effects their words have on you, they might change their ways and even apologise. If they haven't got that capacity within them, what does it say about them? Hope this helps :)

OCDguy

OCDguy

I found a lot of platforms to chat...
Chatting is so beneficial, and when done on-line it's a great place to learn how to express ourselves in a effective manner and build self-confidence etc. Would you mind sharing a few of those platforms. :)

hicks

hicks

I used to let this wind me up, but I don't any more. Fact is that any kind of online platform, be it social media, or Internet forums, has its share of people acting like dicks. Saying the kind of shit they would never say to someone in person, I guarantee. The keyboard gives them a secure anonymous blanket to insult whoever they like with relative impunity.
I know it's not easy, but try not to let it bother you, and don't get drawn into pointless arguments. You can't "win" with some people, they are just unreasonable, and probably have their problems that makes them behave like this. Responding simply drags you down to their level, and it's not a good place to be.

OCDguy

OCDguy

I have to agree some people and situations are possibly best ignored. Personally though I don't see much difference between communicating in person or communicating on-line. The difference with on-line is you can give your replies much more time and thought. When taking a mind-set of not allowing ourselves to take things personally etc. communicating on-line in my opinion (although at the end of the day who am I), can have its uses...

S

Scapes1986

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Chatting is so beneficial, and when done on-line it's a great place to learn how to express ourselves in a effective manner and build self-confidence etc. Would you mind sharing a few of those platforms. :)
Sure but some weren’t so nice but I did find ones that you can chat... they are live chats on YouTube. Meditation music and maybe there’s even therapy groups. Who knows... i found a bunch of them.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Sounds like you need to be watching different content by better content creators. Why reward these people with your patronage when they are being an ass? xo, j