• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Tone of voices

P

PastelKittenX

Born in Portugal, living in the UK (Norfolk)
When I hear voices they are always (emphasises always) in a shouting type of tone. Even when asking questions, they shout it. In an angry tone.

Anyone the same?

I wonder what it means 🤔🤔🤔
It's weird...🤔

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

i have never heard voices ,i can't imagine what it must be like ,im sorry you go through this x
i hope one day you are free of them x

Passionflower

Passionflower

Not always shouting but if they think I am not listening they shout and if they are angry they sometimes shout too.

Mr.NiceGuy

Mr.NiceGuy

When I hear voices they are always (emphasises always) in a shouting type of tone. Even when asking questions, they shout it. In an angry tone.

Anyone the same?

It's weird...🤔
Mine have tendency to scream parts of my thoughts and just yell in general. In fact everytime I listen to white noise there is almost always a yelling I can tune into. I think it adds an unecessary importance to whatever it is they are yelling, which can have a tole emotionaly on me so I have been tuning them out lately. I use to really think that the yelling was someone in need and I would try to help them, not so much anymore.

EdEd

EdEd

Anyone the same?

It's weird...🤔
Yea I run into the same issue when I do hear voices it sounds like yelling also. I dont know if it has significant meaning or not.

mandy125

mandy125

Forum Safety Team
Hello I hear voices mine talk to me all day long and I'm medicated
They have little or no remorse for what they say and they think they are in the right
They shout and move around until I acknowledge them sorry you are going through this x

N

natalie

Well, I take a reasonable high but not too high dose of Abilify, I take 25ml, and, now, I you all won't like this, however, the 25ml dose, really does surpress the voices whatever the versions of voices, right back and down. I would really be very much lost, without my 25ml dose of Abiify.

Oh yes, silly me, also I will listen to music and knit.

and get fitness working out done, too.

OCDguy

OCDguy

I can't help but think there must be a way to either tame or stop these voices? What works for one might not work for someone else though... I wonder if a change of scenery, or finding a mind & body focussed activity (examples could be dancing, exercising, d.i.y to name but a few) would help?

P

PastelKittenX

Born in Portugal, living in the UK (Norfolk)
I can't help but think there must be a way to either tame or stop these voices? What works for one might not work for someone else though... I wonder if a change of scenery, or finding a mind & body focussed activity (examples could be dancing, exercising, d.i.y to name but a few) would help?
Nothing seems to work to be honest. 😅

OCDguy

OCDguy

Have you spoken to anyone about this :hug:

OCDguy

OCDguy

I think sometimes all we can do is put our trust in our Support Teams etc. It's good that you have coping strategies :)

L

Lab rat

I commonly get whispering and talking. See, they like to blend in so I can’t pick out what’s real and what’s voices. Frequently they come from people and somewhat weirdly, my cats? The cats converse with me in whispers! Yes, I know this is not real.

To answer your question, yes I have had shouting although less common and for a while one voice used a bullhorn to shout and sing so I couldn’t go to sleep! Lots of fun 😞