• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

told a women i was schitzoprenic noticed her name has vanished from my facebook friends

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i don't know if it's paranoia don't know enough about facebook, never did that social media course however her name has vanished from the list on the right though i can still acess her facebook page abd her name is still highlighted as a friend

it's easy to get paranoid on the internet

BrianHorlicks

BrianHorlicks

Wouldn't worry about it,
She obviously can't be a good friend if she does that.
I mean who would want a mad person on their friends list?
Might dent their reputation!!
Cant have that!!
I don't know why you or any sane person uses Facebook,
Its only for nosey people to see what other people are up too,
Its true!!!!
I know at least 4 people who do, one of them is my partner!!
I gave up using it,
Upset too many people, most of which i have posted on here in the past.
Don't worry about it. And move on.

Confusedandanxious

Confusedandanxious

If I remember correctly, the names on the right are those who are currently online and those you have chatted to recently.
Maybe she has just set her messenger to not show her as online? Or she is actually offline.

If you can still access her page and it still says you're friends, then I wouldnt think anymore of it and put it down to her just not being online.

L

linus

I don't have my wife on facebook's friends list so that we won't annoy each other :D

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i think i've been a bit paranoid. she just isn't on line at the moment

Warrior

Warrior

i think i've been a bit paranoid. she just isn't on line at the moment
ramboghettouk all my friends disappeared out of my life when i told them what i had and this can happen so expect it and @BrianHorlicks said it all - She obviously can't be a good friend if she does that.

Society today is disgusting in my eyes because as soon as mental health issues are mentioned, running occurs just after 🤬 as the saying goes, it's their loss.

A

Albawolf

ramboghettouk all my friends disappeared out of my life when i told them what i had and this can happen so expect it and @BrianHorlicks said it all - She obviously can't be a good friend if she does that.

Society today is disgusting in my eyes because as soon as mental health issues are mentioned, running occurs just after 🤬 as the saying goes, it's their loss.
[/QUOTE
Hey warrior

What condition do you have?

Real friends never leave you.
Sorry for hijacking this thread.
When i had was diagnosed with depression and dealing with sucidal thoughts. One of my uni friends blamed for being a feminist from suffering depression. She said i should go out more.This friend stopped talking me after exams. After all the help i gave them.

It is me but infeel like society does more to exclude people with mental health issues from being a part of society and being able to enjoy
MH campaigns tell us to talk but talking comes with a huge price.
Job applications ( some jobs do health checks employers still discriminate even though we have laws against it), driving licences, insurance applications etc

Its worse for people with severe MH conditions like bipolar, schizophernia , BPD etc.
I feel like mental health campaigns in the UK focus too much on depression and anxiety .
I dont see awareness campaigns for more severe types of mental illness which i feel like is not fair

Depression can be managed but
I fear the discrimination more than the stigma which is why i dont want to seek treatment for depression. I lie about my recovery to drs.
I worry about job applications.
I am scared of never owning a driving licence. DVLA says i must notify them about my depression or be fined £1,000.

Warrior

Warrior

Hi @Albawolf years back over 30yrs ago i was diagnosed as a psychopath, paranoid schizophrenic, manic depression and was locked up in an asylum. hearing a voice acting on what it said it was a bad time in my life for sure plus i was suicidal.
Over the years they've diagnosed me with autoimmune diseases besides epilepsy and apparently it stems from them and i have bipolar.

Like you say there's to many issues mentioned that don't help situations..depression can be managed but even the meds stopped helping me in the end and they stopped them, so i have valium. :hug5:

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
recently i've contacted the cmhc and i feel that'll have consequences for my chances with the women in this group i go to, however i see food as more imortant and the way things are going should concentrate on that

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Taking a break
that woman was me pal. Sorry I dont mix with those types!! :LOL:

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
the women said i've heard worse i've heard someone say they were homicidal