• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Today was a bad day...

T

treehugger2901

Today has been a bad day and I just feel the need to vent it out.
My depression is getting worse day by day and I can feel that my urges of self harm are coming back. I know I have done well so far with only doing this in particular crisis situations which is a long way from where I was but now I feel as though it’s something that I want to do more and more.

not only this but my anger is becoming more and more harder to control also.
Has anyone else found the two connected? How do they manage this?

Thank you in advance xxx

L

lanx_lad

Yes I get anger with the depression, it goes hand in hand. It makes sense really, the anger is a reaction to the misery depression leaves you feeling.

Are you getting medical help?

S

Shiroki

Former member
Today has been a bad day and I just feel the need to vent it out.
My depression is getting worse day by day and I can feel that my urges of self harm are coming back. I know I have done well so far with only doing this in particular crisis situations which is a long way from where I was but now I feel as though it’s something that I want to do more and more.

not only this but my anger is becoming more and more harder to control also.
Has anyone else found the two connected? How do they manage this?

Thank you in advance xxx
The two can most certainly be connected. Sometimes depression leads to frustration then anger. Is there anything you can use to distract during these crisis periods? Like music or movies, games etc?