• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Today i discovered i had a voice in my head

S

Spacejet

Hello

New member here 😊

Today i had my 3rd counselling session for abuse that happened when i was 8 to 12 years old.
I'm now 28, and its the first therapy I've had and it seems to be going well.

Today i discovered that i have a voice in my head, and its been there as long as I've known but it always felt just like a part of me and I've never really thought about it.. Until today.
Now i see it and its screaming at me, i cant hear screaming as such but i can feel it in my head and body.

Mine is a sweet young girl who controls my feelings for me, she blocks my memories and blocks my emotions as shes scared to let me feel as she knows it will be so painful. When i burst through with sadness she screams at me to stop and like that my emotions disappear. Im left with emptiness, white noise. It wasnt until today i recognised her with the help of my counsellors, she doesn't really appear when I'm happy just when im sad.

I'm abit worried now i know shes there, im going to recognise her alot more and might start arguing with her as ive been so submissive and accepting before.

Has anyone felt anything similar? She's there to protect me from remembering and feeling the abuse but shes locked me out of everything else too.

P

Purpleplum

I think, in its own way, it's good that you're hearing it. It sounds like you're beginning to unblock and take control and heal.

S

Spacejet

I think, in its own way, it's good that you're hearing it. It sounds like you're beginning to unblock and take control and heal.
It felt like abit of an aha moment.. Still a long way to go but recognising it has almost felt good, although its mixed with feeling guilt. I know its trying to help me and im doing the opposite of what she wants by speaking about it.. Recognising her does make me feel odd though, like how have i never seen her before!

P

Purpleplum

It felt like abit of an aha moment.. Still a long way to go but recognising it has almost felt good, although its mixed with feeling guilt. I know its trying to help me and im doing the opposite of what she wants by speaking about it.. Recognising her does make me feel odd though, like how have i never seen her before!
You didn't see her because you had blocked her because you had to in order to survive. It sounds like you're stronger now so you're able to face her.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Congratulations!

You've discovered something that very few people do, in 2016 I discovered that I share my body with another consciousness and I've come to believe each and every person on the planet is the same.

A book I read claims that our consciousness occupies the left 'dominant' hemisphere of the brain and another unique and independent consciousness occupies the right hemisphere and a group of neurologists discovered this as early as the 1960's. However there have been many clues and ideas of this duality throughout many cultures and religions dating back thousands of years.

I see mine as a kind of twin brother (a twin within), I believe he was born with me, grew and learned things along side me but remained hidden for the first 36 years of my life, in the background he was capable of putting thoughts, ideas and impulses into my mind to get me to do the things he wanted me to do, he could even put images in my mind.

To make up for being a passenger in a body they can't fully control I believe they have some amazing abilities.

Has she named herself yet?

S

Spacejet

Congratulations!

You've discovered something that very few people do, in 2016 I discovered that I share my body with another consciousness and I've come to believe each and every person on the planet is the same.

A book I read claims that our consciousness occupies the left 'dominant' hemisphere of the brain and another unique and independent consciousness occupies the right hemisphere and a group of neurologists discovered this as early as the 1960's. However there have been many clues and ideas of this duality throughout many cultures and religions dating back thousands of years.

I see mine as a kind of twin brother (a twin within), I believe he was born with me, grew and learned things along side me but remained hidden for the first 36 years of my life, in the background he was capable of putting thoughts, ideas and impulses into my mind to get me to do the things he wanted me to do, he could even put images in my mind.

To make up for being a passenger in a body they can't fully control I believe they have some amazing abilities.

Has she named herself yet?
Wow that's incredibly interesting.. She hasn't named herself yet! What book did you read? 😁 Im intriguied by her but its very early days..

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
The book is called 'The Daemon - a guide to your extraordinary secret self' by Anthony Peake.

It was Socrates the ancient Greek philosopher that was the first recorded person to call his voice his daemon, in Greek mythology it means 'guiding spirit'.

I'm not sure about the authors ideas about life after death but the rest of the book I thought was very interesting.

Do you happen to have full conversations with your voice? It'll sound strange but can you ask her what her views on mind reading and telepathy are and also what she thinks about the possibility of astral projection (leaving the body)? Mine has very interesting things to say on the matter and has even shown me a trick or two.

S

SunnyDaze

Hi there @Spacejet

Now that you know she's there you can begin healing her(yourself) from the trauma you endured.

Hugs

J

jamraspberry

Hi @Spacejet

I discovered I had a voice in my head too, that's why I have anxiety and depression. I try to do positive things to combat this voice in my head, it can be difficult at times.