• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

To post or not to post?

Davey Blueeyes

Davey Blueeyes

I don't know if I should post? People here have much greater concerns than me :low:

W

Waverunner

I don't know if I should post? People here have much greater concerns than me :low:
You've posted, keep going. And it's not about greater concerns, people will read your posts.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hey Davey, long time.

Of course you should post. No one's problem are too small.

xxx

Davey Blueeyes

Davey Blueeyes

I have spoken to people here on and off for the couple of years I have been here. I have heard terrible stories of the most hideous grotesqueness. I have no such excuse. I think I might just be an attention seeking loser who has a knack for alienating himself from everyone?

The worst thing I could ever do is upset someone. I want to bring light and laughter and sun into people's lives. Yet I don't?

W

Waverunner

I have spoken to people here on and off for the couple of years I have been here. I have heard terrible stories of the most hideous grotesqueness. I have no such excuse. I think I might just be an attention seeking loser who has a knack for alienating himself from everyone?

The worst thing I could ever do is upset someone. I want to bring light and laughter and sun into people's lives. Yet I don't?
You shouldnt compare yourself to others. If it's important to you, it matters, regardless of what anyone else has experienced. Keep posting Davey.

Davey Blueeyes

Davey Blueeyes

It's all been said before. If you met me in real life you would think I was the most charming, personable and friendly man you'd ever met. I am truly all of these things. You would think I had 100's of friends. I truly do not have one.

In therapy last week I was asked when was the last time I made a friend. Someone who was a friend by any reasonable definition. It was in 1983. I was 11 and his name was Stuart. That is the honest truth.

I can do the romance thing. I can't do the friendship thing.

I am alone. I am scared. Yet tomorrow the world will get the well worn painted on smile and rosy cheeks and the deceit and deception I have going with everyone else on the planet continues. It's a game I am massively winning. Unfortunately. :low:

katya

katya

I'm sorry you're feeling lonely. I'm sorry if this sounds insulting but I did think "no wonder - you live on the Isle of Wight" when I looked to the right of your post. There are like 5 times more people in Manchester alone!!! Maybe living somewhere like that, you need to work 5 times harder to make friends.

Are you a member of any club? I'd join a painting group or some shit.

Hope you find some like-minded people soon.

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

Davey, of course you should post.

Nobody's problems are "worse" than someone else's.

F

fair&square75

Hi Davey...i always say "you cant measure pain" you post anytime you want �� we all here to try and help or get help �� x

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Hi Davey

I agree with the others. You should definitely post. This is a place to get these off your chest, and no problem is too small a problem :)

Davey Blueeyes

Davey Blueeyes

Thank you all. Sorry just finding it hard to value myself right now.

Thank you all again, love to you all
Davey xx

D

Deliah

Davey Blue Eyes, welcome back. Make friends with you first. Have been doing a really beautiful meditation recently to aid self compassion. It's called 'the befriending meditation' and has helped me. It comes from a mindfulness book but maybe there are examples on line. love D xxx