• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

To much coffee. Help

• Thread starter Darknesssdaughter
  • Start date
D

Darknesssdaughter

I drink 6, 8 sometimes more cups of coffee each day. Started about 5 months ago. Is not healthy at all but I just can't reduce it. It gives me the energy that I did not had before. I also enjoy it. I'm stupid I know.
Tried decaffeinated and I don't like.
How do I reduce it?
Anyone else who abused coffee?

Z

Zoe1

yes I can drink more than that !
I approach all addictions the same way
I cut down
if you are drinking 8 cups a day make it 7
leave it like that for a long time
then try making it 6

sometimes a walk can wake you up
just as well

P

PaleRider13

I used to be addicted to tea but now I only drink herbal, so I know what you're going through. (Probably less caffeine in my tea than your coffee though). I would say do what Zoe said above. Gradually reduce the amount of coffee you consume at a rate you're comfortable with.

Maybe also substitute your impulse to drink with another drink like water or juice. There's other ways to get energy as well. Dextrose tablets are quite common I think, maybe they'd help supplement the drop in caffeine.

don't be ashamed of seeing a doctor about it either. Every 5th person I know is technically addicted to coffee.

hope you get where you wanna be,
Pale

S

simm78

I drink 2-4 litres diet coke daily and coffee on top. It's a total addiction but I think it's done me damage as I love the buzz confidence and energy that comes with it. I was on cocaine 10yrs ago. Alot in a short time. So it's the closest feeling besides taking cocaine. Making me not bothered by consequences and prepared to go to prison if needs be.

OrphanBlack

OrphanBlack

I have around 6 cups a day; there are worse things I think than having a fair amount of coffee per day 👍

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Not sure how drinking coffee could result in prison time.

hicks

hicks

Are you getting enough sleep? Are you finding that all this caffeine sloshing around in your body disrupts your sleep?
And also if you feel that you absolutely need all this coffee, then I would be asking why the low energy levels in the first place? That may be something you want to talk over with a doctor.