To "hang in there"

H

Humanoid

Do you feel that life's just about "hanging in there"?

I think my life doesn't have any meaning... it's all about trying to do whats best, for how I feel and what is wise/right. But it's no real joy, never...

But maybe that's how it is, for most adults? When I took a walk earlier, I say a bunch of kids playing on a trampoline. It seemed like they were having a good time, enjoying each others company. I started thinking about my childhood. It was very difficult at times, but it was also much good things. It was blended, I guess I could say. Now, in my adulthood, it's just... it's like a fog. A never ending fog. Sometimes I can see a little sun... but never a day is blue sky... yeah, that's what I feel.

Anon_21

Anon_21

I think a lot of people feel this way, humanoid. I want to say it's about attitude or how you look at the world, but I don't think life is that simple, despite being told that all my life. It is hard.

Is there anything you enjoy doing? I was thinking of how I like to write or draw, and I do have a family I love very much, but even then life still gets monotonous and I find myself slogging thru until the next peek of sun comes along. But having something I enjoy helps at least, gives me something to look forward to. It would be great if you had something in your life that gave you a little spark. Best wishes to you :hug:

H

Humanoid

I guess it's much about the situation I'm in now. It's difficult.

Anon_21

Anon_21

I'm sorry. You can talk about it if you want. Hope it smooths out a little for you soon.

H

Humanoid

Thanks... :)

I'm so confused about it... I will talk about it with my therapist. :)

But thanks. Maybe I talk about it later, after I have sorted things more out. :) I find this forum to be very supportive and positive.

Anon_21

Anon_21

Yes it has definitely been very beneficial to me...good luck at your therapist! :)

exyz

exyz

:)
I hope that you find it a support being here Humanoid.
We all feel like this I think.

There is a chat section too on here, nothing strenuous, some silly word games and a bit of talk. I drift over there for a word game now and then just for a bit of distraction.

Good to read that you have a therapist. I hope that they are a support to you.
I'm hoping for some blue skies soon for you.:)

H

Humanoid

Great forum, yes! It was some blue sky today, but then I cannot sleep... when the fog lifts... feel like taking sleeping medication but its too late now... a bit of moaning. But when I feel good for a change I cant sleep and then it gets messed up again.

Anon_21

Anon_21

I've been there many times. Sometimes I just give in and do whatever I want no matter what time it is since I'm gonna be screwed the next morning anyway lol

lisa_wa

lisa_wa

Oh gosh, yes. I have felt that way many times. Minute by minute. Hour by hour. Day by day.

It's damn hard to live like that. The thing that keeps me going is hope. Hope that things get better. Praying things get better.

S

silly me

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I've been there many times. Sometimes I just give in and do whatever I want no matter what time it is since I'm gonna be screwed the next morning anyway lol
Yep..

That's how i feel, except, i can't shake that "feeling" when it happens..

It seems whenever i have blue skies, with no reason whatsoever, there's this cloud of "impending doom".. It comes right out of nowhere..

Even when i'm way out in the woods, far from civilization - hiking, or mountain bike riding.. there's this weird, ominous feeling that says:

Oh, you're having fun now? Is that what's going on? Well, wait until you get home.. I'll dredge up something that will bring you back to reality.. How DARE you have fun!

On second thought.. why wait until you get home?? Let me bring something up from your past you should be ashamed of.. Or something you should be feeling guilty about..

This chick calls herself having fun.. NOT ON MY WATCH!!

It just doesn't stop..:low:

Last edited:
H

Humanoid

Bad day... hope I'll sleep now. Life is hard. :(

Impending doom... me too. And the feeling that you are alone and vulnerable.

J

Jules5

Hanging in there can be hard sometimes I find myself drifting off to despair hopelessness and is not a good place to be. Do not let those negative thoughts pop up when you are out in nature nature is so giving of its beauty always look around you and remember where you are. Hugs

A

angels egg

I know exactly what you mean. I don't know what else to do except try again and again everyday. I'll be honest, most of the time I don't know what I'm doing anymore since I'm so depressed.

I guess I mostly just try to remember that I'm not alone. At least not completely. I look up to others for inspiration. People who have been through a lot, or people who are going through very similar situations as me.

For now all I can do is just deal with each day and try to live. It's not easy but it's possible I guess.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Mental Health Experiences 1
S Mental Health Experiences 4