To everyone suffering, words of encouragement<3

Spencer (:

Spencer (:

I can't believe how long it has been since I've posted on here. Life has been absolute chaos ever since I came home from treatment. I feel so terrible that I haven't been following the forum and getting to know the newer people on here. I just wanted to say thank you to all those who kept up on my posts before and while I was in treatment. The support was overwhelming but exactly what I needed. I am still fighting on the road to recovery.. It's definitely still hard especially because I'm on my own. But one major thing I've learned and wanted to offer as advice to those who are truly wanting to get better- you have to be the one to make the choice.. you have to be the one to WANT to change and get help. Once you get to that point.. as hard as it will be you have to be willing to learn to let go of the ED and all that goes with it. It's a process. It's not a quick fix. It's not a snap of the fingers and you're all better. It takes effrot, hard work, tears, experiencing difficult emotions, and conquering the underlying issues.. the real root of the problem. It's scary.. and you can't do it alone. I was convinced I could fix myself. If I really wanted to then I could get better, I could stop. But no one can. You need to be ready and willing to ask for and then accept help. There are genuine people out there who care and want to help. Professionals who get into this field because they know we are suffering and half of them have been there themselves. I know that not everyone's circumstances allow them to get the help they need.. but that doesn't mean there isnt other avenues.. that doesn't mean you're not worth it or can't get better. There are all kinds of resources where people can go for help. This forum is one of them. I am so grateful I found this forum when I did. Everyone on here accepted me right away and offered such kind and encouraging words. I beg all of the people on here struggling with ED to not give up. Keep reaching out. I can be a friend to anyone needing one. This is the hardest thing I know that I will ever fight, and I'm sure that goes for almost everyone struggling with ED or some sort of addictive behavior. Whatever the struggle is, you can get better. It's a tough journey, but looking at it this way.. your ED, self harm or whatever destructive behavior you use is the way you knew how to cope, it is how you survived. It's nothing to be ashamed of- it doesn't make you any less of a person because you have this struggle. If anything.. it shows strength. You chose this behavior because it was a way for you to endure the pain and still be alive. You don't want to die, because if you really did you would do it. You wouldn't be on this forum reaching out for help or be admitting that you have a struggle and asking for help. There is something deep inside of you hanging on for dear life, something inside that knows you are worth something more. Find it, and once you do don't ever let go. Maybe these things won't ever completely go away, but after having gone through treatment and learning to trust the process and continue on the road to recovery- I know and believe that it will get easier as time goes on. Be patient with yourself. Give yourself permission not to be perfect. Believe you are worth it. Fake it till you make it. Recovery is contagious. Stay strong, don't ever give up<3

nutri

nutri

thanks for the update, Spencer

L

LeeMarie

Spencer - Like Angels, we never interacted, but I followed your posts before I joined the forum. I read about all your suffering and you are an inspiration. This forum has been a huge relief for myself as it lets me vent and "talk" openly about my own ED. I feel embarassed in real life because I am not a young sufferer. It took me a long time to find this forum, where there are sufferers of all ages. Thank you for sharing your story and please keep us informed of your progress. - Lee