• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

To all my friends at MHF

I

IntrospectionFtw!

Alrite twilight, im starting to think i might have schizophrenia i keep going through this routine where i ignore the fact im losing my mind and tell myself all i need to do is change my belief system but my head hurts and i feel senile im existing on little to no medication i go on it for a couple days then come off it and repeat this, im not sure what to believe anymore if the medications are doing more harm than good?. i ideally want to try a antipsychotic that works in a different way or atleast take a neuroleptic with 5HT-1A in it. at the end of the day i know where this is going if your stupid enough to take these things for 4 years your not coming off of them thats the most likely outcome.

M

mad as a hatter

4 yrs is a long time so ur unlikely 2 come off i said that 2 i,ve just started taking antipsycotics recently but i don,t want 2 be taking them all the time but off course i do worry about the symptoms i will get id if don,t tk them it,s a no win sitution

T

Twylight

When I stop my medication - my thoughts cycle round and round getting more elaborate

T

Twylight

When I stop my medication - my thoughts cycle round and round getting more elaborate
Stopping meds is twofold - firstly I think I won't have to take this horrible debilitating drug

And then I think that I've left this dreadfull illness behind me

Both these thoughts are powerfull

I

IntrospectionFtw!

Thanks people, sorry i hijacked your thread.

Yh i mean i dont feel good like i said i feel senile and empty headed i cant concentrate on anything and its kind of playing into a delusion where im actually just useless at everything doubting my entire existence. i wish i had more elaborate delusions mine are just negative all the time and so subtle.

Last edited:
M

maudikie

Hi! introspection. Don't worry about keeping taking the medication as long as it has been prescribed. If you think i t doesn't suit you go and see your doctor again. there are a lot of new medications now. My son has been on medication for years, and knows when he doesn't take it as he feels ill again. It is surely better to keep on taking the pills (or injections if necessary) just as a diabetic person has to keep on taking insulin. Look at it that way. And if you keep fit onit keep on it.
Take care.