• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

TMS therapy...how was your experience?

Catty5

Catty5

@Marianda

I’ve never had a good experience with Xanax. It works quickly but I feel awful when it’s effdcts were gone. It’s pretty short lived.

Catty5

Catty5

@Marianda

It numbs us. So we feel nothing. I fell in asleep then woke up more depressed and anxious. I even dodn’t take Hydroxyzine Pam but I need it since I feel nervous now

Catty5

Catty5

After TMS, I didn’t feel anything particularly. So I drove immediately to avoid a lunch time traffic. I feel my foggy brain seems cleared up a bit. But I don’t feel good yet

M

Marianda

So you had a lot of TMS sessions, do you think your condtion has improved? I would like to know because if if its worth it i would be returning tomorrow to the USA. I am also a USA citizen so i have no problem. I would give anything to get rid of depression and anxiety.

Catty5

Catty5

@Marianda

I’m not sure how effective it’ll be????? except I can say I sleep without med and I feel my head was somewhat cleared up. That’s all so far.

I heard TMS diesn’t work so effectively for anxiety. Please do research.

M

Marianda

@Marianda

I’m not sure how effective it’ll be????? except I can say I sleep without med and I feel my head was somewhat cleared up. That’s all so far.

I heard TMS diesn’t work so effectively for anxiety. Please do research.
Wow are you sleeping without meds?? That is a huge improvement.!!! I cant even sleep with meds!!! I wake up in the middle of the night and take more meds!!

Catty5

Catty5

I went to bed at 7pm and slept for 5 hours without med. now I woke up. It’s midnight.
I don’t know it’s improvement but I feel so sleepy in the evening.

M

Marianda

I went to bed at 7pm and slept for 5 hours without med. now I woke up. It’s midnight.
I don’t know it’s improvement but I feel so sleepy in the evening.
Ohh 7pm is very early to go to bed. Were you able to sleep after you woke up? I went to bed at 10 :30 pm and woke up around 2 am and took more añprazolam and slept until 6 30 am
I dont know why i wake up so depressed and frustrated in the mornings. Its my worst time of the day.

Catty5

Catty5

@Marianda

I took a bit of Temeton and slept for 3 hours. I had a nightmare in which I was so angry. I woke up with so much anger. So much anger.i cannot deal with now. Dissociated

N

Nukelavee

Just keep telling yourself it didn't happen, it wasn't real.
Do you remember at all what the cause of the anger was?

Woke up feeling similar. Dreamed about breaking up with my ex, again. Pretty certain I'm angry at myself for still feeling anger and shame over it. Like, in the dream, I was mad at her, but I was more angry at my self for hoping it would play out differently. I guess it was a bit different - in the dream she didn't punch me in the face like really happened.

Also pissed off the dream was out of season. Jenn dreams are a November thing. Supposed to be a whole different trauma I dream about this time of year.

Yeah, my recurring dreams tend to be seasonal. Not advising it as a coping thing for dissociation, but I've been crouching on my patio like a little gargoyle smoking and watching the snow to anchor myself. Not happy about that, because, technically, I don't smoke anymore. Just after bad nightmares.

What I really want to do is to check teh parking lot for her car. Which is ludicrous. Except once, 15 years ago, I thought I dreamed she said she was going to visit, but she really did.

Yeah. Need to get busy to push it out of my head again.

Catty5

Catty5

Thank you for reaching out. It helps me. I was feeling going crazy. I called a crisis line. In my dream, I was so angry to my sister who had a very happy life with her great husband. She got everything. In her life. I haven’t seen her 15 or longer years now. I’ve never dreamed of her before.

I’m at a patio with cats to anchor myself too

N

Nukelavee

Dreams are weird. Try this on for a fit -any chance teh dream is influenced by subconscious resentment about your current mental state? that it's sort of a generalized resentment that things you thought were under control, are preventing you from being in control and productive? And the dream about your sister is your mind building a scene around that resentment?

Also- I totally checked the parking lot. No Jenn.

I think this is a 3 coffee morning.

Catty5

Catty5

Did you check a parking lot .... sorry to hear that.

Yes i’m sure i’ve been angry at my sister who has no mental illness and had a happy family life.

Yes dreams seem to be controlling my deficient brain so badly today. You’re absolutely right.

I had a severe anxiety attack right now. Trying to breath...,

Catty5

Catty5

After TMS, 24th session. i was pessimistic and very negative. I was dissociated and scared. I called a warm line on the way back home.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Depression Forum 12
J Depression Forum 18
L Depression Forum 9
S Depression Forum 5
E Depression Forum 7