• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Title

Pasztecik

Pasztecik

I was taught to self-harm by my family. My brother once explained it to me: my parents punished each other and kids. The eldest brother punished the other brother and me. The other brother punished me and what about me? He said I should take out my anger on dolls, but the actual answer is myself. I was young when I started and I've tried everything except for drugs. I totally would've, but it requires you to be social, to know sb who knows sb and I'm the last person that can be accused of being sociable.

I also have trichotillomania. I hate how I look, I wish I could shave my head, but what then?

I don't have healthy coping mechanisms. I got angry the other day, in public and I wished I could clench my hands into fists and take the anger out on myself, but sadly, I was in public.

Also, for a long time, I avoided fruit and grains bc healthy eating is for people who don't hate themselves and want to live.

I've got a problem with my tooth, second but last one, one dentist used an old method of root canal treatment and the next dentist said it worsened my problem. Last year I spend a small fortune on a new treatment, took antibiotics and I guess it failed too. For almost a year one side of my face has been swollen, sometimes it hurts. I can't go see a dentist bc of China and also, they would just remove it. How long can a person have an inflammation like this without treatment?

On top of that, I'm dependent on painkillers. Not some crazy strong ones, it's like 400 mg of ibuprofen per pill. I have a double uterus, which makes period pain way worse and no, labour doesn't hurt more (i heard that from awful women). When I was in the hospital, people were so surprised I needed so many painkillers and still was in pain, the nurse called those 400 mg pills 'bombs' and I was surprised bc I have to take like 10 per period and still suffer a lot. My mother didn; 't have natural menopause, so no one can predict when I'll have mine. What if I have like 30 years more of this? My liver will give up before then. But I can't stop, diet doesn't work. I wish I could have a hysterectomy. Also, bc of that I take birth control pills, those together with smoking can cause serious problems. I smoke, obviously.

Lastly, my father is an alcoholic, everyone says I'll be one too. Maybe I am. If God wanted us to have healthy coping mechanisms, he would've created them. How am I supposed to deal with people making me angry? Sip some tea?

I know I shouldn't punish myself for what other people had done to me, but what another- way of coping was I supposed to learn in an abusive family? And no, there's no help available, I had horrible sessions with psychologists and psychiatrists. Even an old social worker felt the need to verbally attack me.

bpd2020

bpd2020

I can understand you hurt yourself because everybody has made you think you deserve pain. You do not deserve pain. I am so sorry about all you have been through and what you continue to go through.

I would just have the tooth out because I believe that is better then the ongoing pain.

It must be agony to go through the pain of having a double uterus. I thought the hospital would offer you a hysterectomy. It is so unfair you have to have such terrible pain.

Pasztecik

Pasztecik

I can understand you hurt yourself because everybody has made you think you deserve pain. You do not deserve pain. I am so sorry about all you have been through and what you continue to go through.

I would just have the tooth out because I believe that is better then the ongoing pain.

It must be agony to go through the pain of having a double uterus. I thought the hospital would offer you a hysterectomy. It is so unfair you have to have such terrible pain.
I wasn't offered hysterectomy bc I doubt they allow young women to get one, you hear all the time how women with endometriosis have to suffer for years. Also, it's not certain I can't have children, I would need a CT or cat scan, the one you need to fast before and take laxatives. If I technically can get pregnant, I certainly won't get a hysterectomy bc 'you'll change your mind and want kids', even though the chance of having a living newborn are like 50% and chances of my ruining my health with painkiller dependence are 100%.

And sure, extracting the tooth seems wise. My parents neglected to take care of my dental hygiene when I was little, the second but last tooth on the other side was damaged since I can remember, when it was removed, the new tooth that grew was already damaged as well. It got extracted. I can't lose both of those important teeth.