• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

tiredness

M

mistaken-identity

Does anybody else get really tired after therapy and the day after? Why's this happen? Even if it wasn't a difficult or emotional session?

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Yes, I do!
When it's an emotional session at least there is an obvious reason, but even if the session's not been too intense I definitely find myself feeling tired.

Perhaps even though things don't seem to be too emotional, it is draining nonetheless because it's not often we stop and have a one-to-one conversation with another person about our feelings.

I don't know, I don't really have an answer to why it happens. I think it goes to show though how essential it is that we take care of ourselves when we have therapy.

M

mistaken-identity

very true. I am in a group so there are about 3 of us and just listening to others I find tiring, not because I'm not interested because I am but it just totally drains me and wipes me out for a couple of days, then I just get back to normal then its time for therapy again!