Tired of not being skinny enough

I

idontwant2beseen

Hello,
I would like to share my problem. I am 19 years old and I hate my body.
It all began two years ago when i was dating one guy that was quite fat and he used to fill me with junk food. I didn't resist.
Now i am 169cm tall with 70 kilos. My measurements are 96-72-100... I want to ge skinnier fast, but don't know how. It's just... I look at the people, who make "being skinny" look so easy to achieve.

Mayfair

Mayfair

Admin
Welcome to the forums :)

I don't know metric when it comes to height and weight. Though I don't really judge people on this, even in imperial :)

Getting skinny fast is no easier than putting on weight fast - for some. And neither is probably particularly healthy.

Does this alone cause you depression?

Shadow-one

Shadow-one

Staff Member on Leave
Hello,
I would like to share my problem. I am 19 years old and I hate my body.
It all began two years ago when i was dating one guy that was quite fat and he used to fill me with junk food. I didn't resist.
Now i am 169cm tall with 70 kilos. My measurements are 96-72-100... I want to ge skinnier fast, but don't know how. It's just... I look at the people, who make "being skinny" look so easy to achieve.
Hello idontwanttobeseen

Welcome to the forum..

I understand where you are coming from though I don't normally acknowledge it or allow myself to think I'm really doing it.

I too watch my weight although I pretend I'm not! I don't do it for anyone but myself - not for my husband or anyone else.. I just want it for me..

Had you ever thought about it before you met that guy? Is it to be attractive to others or what you want yourself?

I don't know why we feel we have to be skinny for guys and they get away with being any shape :) seems unfair.

Maybe look at yourself again with a positive eye and you just might see someone you like..

Shadow

A

arwen

I've put on a lot of weight. I liked being thinner. I liked not being fat, I liked not having people look at me differently because I was chubby, I liked being able to pick clothes off the rail and knowing they would fit. i feel different enough as it is...being overweight as I am is just another marker, another big arrow pointing at me and saying look at her...urgh.

Tired Daisy

Tired Daisy

You'd be surprised on how may guys like turkey thighs, cute plump woman. I ain't all about being skinny. I'm a skinny guy but I like plump woman and many guys do.

There is far to much media on skinny girls nah... being skinny ain't always attractive seriously. Plump cuddly fluffy girls is what most guys like including myself. Sure you get skinny girls who are nice looking but you also get plump girls who are nice looking f**k the media

Shadow-one

Shadow-one

Staff Member on Leave
Hi Arwen

I don't want to sound at all patronising but do you really think people are looking at you and judging you or is it just what you expect is happening?

I truly have often found that people genuinely seem to like people with the best personalities.. I do mean that because I have seen people of all shapes and sizes being the centre of everything because they are great fun..

So I think that's where we lose out.. I'm not saying at all that this relates to you as I don't know you...but I feel that because we often aren't comfortable being loud and chatty - we only have our body shape to depend on..

But somebody out there will think your shape is perfect! You just have to meet them :)

Shadow

Mayfair

Mayfair

Admin
I remember about 25 years ago when I actually confided in a doc about my weight problem. When I said in slight depth, about how I disiked being underweight, he said 'eat more' and laughed. Can you imagine a doc saying 'eat less' to someone fat and laughing?

That one was of the last times I ever went to the docs. Following a few other crap advices and meds, I'd never go to a doc. Waste of time the NHS.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Depression Forum 5
N Depression Forum 10
iamnotsane Depression Forum 7
L Depression Forum 8
C Depression Forum 1