• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Tired of living in constant fear

Jam1990

Jam1990

I’m so sick of living in constant fear of everything. I’m always paranoid and anxious about the most ridiculous things. Like I always feel like I’m being spied on or that there is someone coming after me. Or that I’m doing something wrong and don’t know it. I just always feel wrong and fearful and I hate it. I’m not sure how to get over these feelings but it seems near impossible when I have a lot of intrusive thoughts that make it even worse. Sometimes I have moments of clarity where I think “what am I thinking” and I stop being fearful but it only lasts a few minutes and then I’m back to feeling hopeless and scared again. Why can’t I just be a normal human being!!??

K

Krissybabe2020

Hi jam

I'm in exactly the same boat as you. I've lived in constant fear since the year 2006. It's one thing after another. What is it that's making you anxious x

Jam1990

Jam1990

Hi jam

I'm in exactly the same boat as you. I've lived in constant fear since the year 2006. It's one thing after another. What is it that's making you anxious x
It’s mostly feeling like someone is out to get me or that I’m being spied on, or both. I don’t have any evidence that it’s happening but I can’t help thinking about it because my intrusive thoughts are typically about those types of things. It’s probably more paranoia than anxiety but there isn’t a forum for paranoia I don’t think.

M

Marianda

I live in fear also . I'm constantly thinking I will end up living in the streets as a beggar.

K

Krissybabe2020

Yeah

I mean I'm totally going through what you are.

It can be hard when you feel spied on and that others are out to get you. You need to rationalise your thoughts and think how likely (without evidence) that it would be.

Jam from my knowledge if you think the spy is a person or a camera then I definitely know it isn't a camera you have nothing to worry about xxx

K

Krissybabe2020

Jam fear is what makes a person unique. We are all special and unique in different ways. If you live in fear but you have the courage and strength to get through it then it makes us special.

Some of the things that have gone through my head have been absolutely ridiculous but I know it's my illness x

M

Marianda

What makes you think that x
I can't get a job and I'm scared to death. Besides abyect poverty has been something that haunted me during my entire life. I suffer from anxiety and take meds. Anything can turn my world upside down.

M

Marianda

Jam fear is what makes a person unique. We are all special and unique in different ways. If you live in fear but you have the courage and strength to get through it then it makes us special.

Some of the things that have gone through my head have been absolutely ridiculous but I know it's my illness x
I also have some thoughts that are absolutely ridicoulous. Horror situations that only exist in my mind but they scare me to death.

K

Krissybabe2020

I can't get a job and I'm scared to death. Besides abyect poverty has been something that haunted me during my entire life. I suffer from anxiety and take meds. Anything can turn my world upside down.
Yeah. Have you tried seeing a careers advisor,a workcoach?
You should try www.indeed.co.uk and upload your cv and you may be successful that way?

Do you not get support with money for not working? I mean if you suffer from mental health you should perhaps receive employment and support allowance or personal independence payment.

Poverty does exist but that doesnt mean it will happen to an individual. Keep yourself safe xxx

M

Marianda

Yeah. Have you tried seeing a careers advisor,a workcoach?
You should try www.indeed.co.uk and upload your cv and you may be successful that way?

Do you not get support with money for not working? I mean if you suffer from mental health you should perhaps receive employment and support allowance or personal independence payment.

Poverty does exist but that doesnt mean it will happen to an individual. Keep yourself safe xxx
Thanks for answering. Unfortunately I don't live in the UK. I'm currently living in Peru and here we don't get any unemployment support even if you have a disabiliy. Unemployment rates here are pretty high. I have a uniiversity degree and a Master's degree and I can't get anything. I feel so frustrated. I use Indeed to look for jobs but after Covid job openings have decreased dramatically. I had a coach in the past to polish my resume and receive tips for interviews but right now the job situation here is catastrophic.

K

Krissybabe2020

Aw love have you tried your mental health team? Maybe they could maybe get you into training? Maybe try job fairs but I know its so tough because of lockdown you will be ok you know xxx

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1