• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Tired and worn

Y

Yallabird

Hello, I’ve joined to see if there is anything that can help me. Not suicidal just ready for it to be over with already. My
Brother committed suicide, I won’t do that; I’m dying slowly and painful

2Much2Feel

Hey, @Yallabird, I am so sorry to hear you are feeling like this, as well as about the loss of your brother. I can only imagine that pain of losing someone so close by suicide.

I'm going to post some numbers here in case you need emergency assistance, but keep reaching out here, it can really help to know you're not alone.

Can I ask if you're seeing anyone for the depression? It really sounds like you can use some professional help.

Welcome to the forum, really glad you found it, and I really hope you find it as helpful as so many of us do--it's a good group of people. xx

2Much2Feel

If you're feeling like you want to die, it's important to tell someone.

Help and support are available right now. You do not have to struggle with difficult feelings alone.

Phone a helpline

These free helplines are there to help when you're feeling down or desperate.

You can also call these helplines for advice if you’re worried about someone else.

In the UK and Ireland, call the Samaritans on 116123.
In the US, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline ion 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, call the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, call Lifeline on 131114.
In New Zealand, call Need to Talk on 1737 or 080017371737.
For other countries please visit this list of crisis helplines.

Emergency help

If you are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111 or call the international emergency number of 112).

Please do seek help as soon as possible.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
:welcome:I'm so sorry about your brother. Are you depressed?

Y

Yallabird

Hello, thanks for the welcoming. No I have not really spoken to anyone except my doctor. All she knows is I’m depressed and gave me antidepressant, they seem to make me feel worse. Don’t worry, I’m not going to kill myself . I’m just miserable that’s all

T

tiltawhirl3

I am so so sorry. I lost my son to suicide when he was 20 years old.

I have also struggled with very deep depressions, wishing I did not have to stay alive and responsible for my family's sake.

It took quite a number of meds trials, but finally have found one that relieves the depression. I hope you will talk with your dr.

I know your brother would not want you feeling badly as he did. And you do deserve better. It will take time, but you will be able to move on and in time be happy again.

2Much2Feel

Hello, thanks for the welcoming. No I have not really spoken to anyone except my doctor. All she knows is I’m depressed and gave me antidepressant, they seem to make me feel worse. Don’t worry, I’m not going to kill myself . I’m just miserable that’s all
I'm sorry you're feeling that, and can relate. So many of the meds they give can be off the mark, it can take a few tries (usually does). Be careful, and if you are feeling worse on them, contact your doc and let her know. I remember SSRIs made me totally go off the rails.

Really good to hear you say you're not going to kill yourself, that's for sure. But I know what you mean by dying slowly. I think a lot of us can relate to that, and just know that people on here care and are available 24/7 somewhere out there. I'd highly recommend getting a shrink if you can to try some other meds, or even if your PCP will prescribe, another shot at something can really help. Many of us have tried a dozen or more, and it's a tricky balance but you can feel better. xx

Y

Yallabird

I am so so sorry. I lost my son to suicide when he was 20 years old.

I have also struggled with very deep depressions, wishing I did not have to stay alive and responsible for my family's sake.

It took quite a number of meds trials, but finally have found one that relieves the depression. I hope you will talk with your dr.

I know your brother would not want you feeling badly as he did. And you do deserve better. It will take time, but you will be able to move on and in time be happy again.
:thanks:

Y

Yallabird

(Learning how to use this forum sorry if I post the wrong emoji) I’m so sorry to hear about your son. I could not even imagine. Thanks for the heads up on the meds. I’m on the 3rd one now but not sure if it’s working.
I don’t want y’all to be mislead, I’m not depressed over my brother. That happened in2012 and yes, of course it still hurts but not the cause of my depression. I’ve been feeling like this for some years though and can’t seem to control it anymore. I can be happy one min then devastated the next. It’s been going on so long now that I feel I’m stuck onthe devastated end and can’t snap out of it. I Havnt even left my house In months. I just don’t care about much anymore and I know that’s not normal
I'm sorry you're feeling that, and can relate. So many of the meds they give can be off the mark, it can take a few tries (usually does). Be careful, and if you are feeling worse on them, contact your doc and let her know. I remember SSRIs made me totally go off the rails.

Really good to hear you say you're not going to kill yourself, that's for sure. But I know what you mean by dying slowly. I think a lot of us can relate to that, and just know that people on here care and are available 24/7 somewhere out there. I'd highly recommend getting a shrink if you can to try some other meds, or even if your PCP will prescribe, another shot at something can really help. Many of us have tried a dozen or more, and it's a tricky balance but you can feel better. xx
♥Thank you

Bod

Bod

Hello, I’ve joined to see if there is anything that can help me. Not suicidal just ready for it to be over with already. My
Brother committed suicide, I won’t do that; I’m dying slowly and painful
Hello Yallabird, I am so sorry that your brother took his own life and I do relate to the pain of losing a loved one in the family. I do hope that you will settle here as everyone is helpful and caring.

G

galeleo

Hello Yallabird. Are you feel sad, listless, lonely, and bored? I'm going crazy right now with loneliness, so feelings of sadness wash over me multiple times daily. I try to connect with people, but they all have families and their own friends. So I feel unwanted and alienated. Sometimes I yearn to hear a human voice. I yearn to hear kindness, but I don't. This makes me feel sad. Are you feeling this way?