• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Tips on overeating when you can’t control what food comes into the house

M

mynameisntonhere

Ok. I’ve been doing well recently and I’m so proud of myself for that, but I can see this going the opposite way very quickly as I’m about to go live somewhere for a while where I can’t really control what foods come into the house and usually they’re ones I don’t do well with. I only know how to deal with this by being in a household that knows, accepts and helps in what gets brought into the house, but that’s extremely unlikely where I’m about to go. Any tips would be much appreciated.

S

sab1978

What makes it extremely unlikely that you can communicate your challenges in the new place you’re going to live?

M

mynameisntonhere

I’ve tried communicating before quite a few times and it hasn’t changed anything sadly

7920NewbridgeCovina

7920NewbridgeCovina

It’s not exactly healthy..but I lost 130+ lbs by smoking pot and only eating when I was with other people that were eating. When they stopped that’s when I did.