Tips on maintaining Mental Health?

N

natalie

Hi all,

I haven't been very for the week, just returned from holiday with a bad bout of sinuses, and mental health - hearing voices, now that I am very well again, as of this late week, I'm back to my old usual routines, to include working out to fitness dvds.

Also, to focus much better, listening to music, and doing needlework - cross stitching.

Natalie.

N

natalie

Hi all,

Well after a disrupted week of dental such required treatment - a tooth extraction was needed to be carried out, and I am in fact now feeling so much better inthe head physically! I still off course, have my sinuses, at the moment, they're very well behaved.

So now, I can literally in a few moments, sit back and relax, by getting my relaxation technique done, cross stitching, and, combined with listening to music, for my self help stratergies, aside of the fact, I am also on med, fortunately for mental health purposes, only 1 type of medication for mental health.

I am hoping that on Friday, or Saturday, I'll do my light to moderate, workout, and all being well, attend zumba class on Sunday morning, if it will be running, I haven't so far heard back from this particular instructor.

I can and am now able to focus much much better, cross stitching. And hopefully to perform much better in my fitness workouts choreogrpahy plus fitness performance within.

N

natalie

Hi all,

I have now done a workout session. A light session, comprising of a light warm up, nothing too strenuous, and also a salsa fun dance choregraphy workout , light - moderate. Building up gradually, this afternoon, I intend to get traditional aerobics with a different dance workout. I might throw in some toning work.

N

natalie

Now that I have attended my referral appointment, which was as I suspected, a flying visit for an hour only, yep, I'm under GP Service only - though I prefer, I don't like arriving into general hospitals backgrounds, although my cmht unit is attached separately within the surrounds, of the hospital. The appointment went very well,
so now that my nerves regarding the appointment and the appointment itself, out of the way, I can happily and throoughly relax, getting cross stitching done, and listening to music.

i am building up my workouts gradually, though from the very wet weather, or how i slept overnight, my left arm shoulder has been painful. Anyway, that's now given over.

I am hoping to get a dance workout - a hard dance workout with toning done, tomorrow, during the course, of the day. If not then, then over the weekend.

N

natalie

HI all,

Well, there soon will be going mos tof my spare time , lol.

Well, eventually, anyway. I have and seriously feel, I'm going to recieve the posiiton of Data Entry for voluntary work, for the time being on a once a week, basis, though could generally become a bit more freuent accross the week. I am at the moment busily preparing for the manner in which the work will be done in which I am happily content, plus, I am trying to prepare me, for working out, and I feel, and this is for th emoment how it will now look; I'll attend a class over the weekend, and once and should this new fitness class start up in October, and that and get the volunteering done also. Therefore, I shan't be planning in fact to workout in at home.

It can be a nusiance, however and I do happily realise this, volunteering takes precedence, over anything else like fitness working out, so I don't mind really, on not getting my extra working out done.

I'll keep here posted, or should I maybe say updated, through the Recovery - Getting Your Life Back, section.

Take care all, hope everyone else is just about ok,

Regarding logging on catching up, offering support and general posting from me, I'll plan to reboot that in the meantime, so bear with me, whilst I map things out - somewhat, it might take some doing, once I know the volunteering day (s) and hours, I can then sort it out.

Natalie.

N

natalie

Hi all,

I have been busy today at volunteering. Shortly, I'll be relaxing to music, and needleworking.

Natalie.

N

natalie

Hi Everyone,

Over the past few weeks, I haven't been very well, with 2 separate infections - boils, on legs, anyway, my legs are now so much better. Off course, and I'll soon be away, on holiday, I now have that other problem, about me, and certainly at this time of year - lack of fitness and diet motivation, which i feel, is, most common and I am not the only one. i know how to, it's the problem of and I am going to have to say it, lack of fitness willpower, at this time of year.

I am going to be working out tomorrow,in the fulness of time, off working out Monday, back to working out and in zumba gold group on Tuesday. This will be at a time of 12 midday That in turn will encourage me to workout on Wednesday. We're then off on family holiday.

I have been out a couple of time shopping in different locations today, and this evening, I have been relaxing by knitting and with music, and shortly I'll do some cross stitching needleworking.

See you all around in the Forums,

Natalie.

I had forgot to say, and listening to music combined.

N

natalie

Hi all,

well, haven't things gone pear shaped - just - for the week, owing thanks, to my bad cough, cold, and since a croaky voice, as of today, I haven't been able to delve into fitness. I am looking for later on this next week, to recommence that. I was going to carefully build up my approach to fitness anyway, then I came down, with all of this. I think I'm going to prewatch a new dance fitness dvd I have, again, since not what with not being well, I wouldn't have been able to concentrate on it, so this will be done, over the weekend, or earlier next week, and then the next weekend, I'll attempt to master the choreography.

I am still very proactive in music listening and needleworking combined. I have just currently been unsettled, regarding the cough cold over the current week.

N

natalie

Now that I happen to be very much better not out of the woods just yet, from the cough, although the cold side has now cleared, it's the case of lightly coughing now, I can now happily focus, on my stints for the week ahead, of fitness working out gradual build up approach fitness plan, and also preparatory methods for my volunteering ad hoc and maybe just one placement volunteering roles.

Now I do apologise, that via the Wellbeing Section Forum, I might have posted quite a lot, I do apologise for that, that cough cold, plus croaky voice, really did pull me down, and knock me back for six. Anyway, I'm now very much on the mend.

When I say focus on preparatory methods, for volunteering, I mean, I as I normally do, might take lengthy breaks from this brilliant, very supportive and amazing forum, site, and I'll log on and catch up, when I can, in doing so, I need to keep an eye strong monitoring via my email accounts, for volunteering purposes. And also, working out, in my spare time away from monitoring for volunteering. Look out for any volunteering news via the Recovery Section of the Forums, plus, my fitness workouts in the Wellbeing.

I am certainly much much better now, than I haven't been all week.

Natalie.

Yellowbrickbridge

Yellowbrickbridge

I tell myself don't be hard on yourself, it works most of the time.

N

natalie

HI all,

I am now very much better. I can now happily and healthily relax by needleworking and combined with listening to music, without or hardly at all, coughing. i am very much on the mend now.

N

natalie

HI all,

Now that I have been completely recovered, I have just been able to complete a 12 minute, mini aerobic workout, withouit too much of a coughing bother. I knew from yesterday, that I was alread healed from the coughing.

Over the weekend, I'll workout again, then, maybe building up to 20 minis of working out, to include aerobics, and a bit of light toning. Oh yes, warm up and cooldown stretches, most important.

N

natalie

Hi all,

I'm ok, this evening, low mental health levels, I'm pleased to say as always. Irritible slightly due to the horrible wet weather expericing at the moment.

Just relaxing as usual, though I never completely relax me by doing nothing, no, that's not me, I am always either knitting or cross stitching along side listening tomusic, combined, and at the moment, I'm cross stitching.

I was thinking this evening, in actual fact, I won't now, hopefully tomorrow, I'll get a workout done, of traditioanl aerobics, and a fun dance workout in the session combined.

I'll work out on Monday, maybe not on Tuesday, as I have a busy late morning Wednesday, travelling from earlier morning to attend a voluntary work interview, so I shan't be working out earlier in the morning, then.

Possibly, I'll workout on Thursday. Not sure at the moment about that.

Natalie.

N

natalie

Hi all,

I haven't been able to focus on my self help techniques very much this early week.

Owing to the fact, I didn't know how things stood, via a particular brand new voluntary possible placement, so I needed to keep an eye through my emails a bit more, and also, on Tuesday, I had a sudden from on Monday, ad hoc volunteering stint come up, happily, even though I was very very anxious, about this possible placement, as they had to have needed to check on enough desks, and computers, for the whilst, this possible position, then backfired, beyond my control, unfortunately, I had an email through yesterday. They were apologetic profusely, about it.

Anyway, over the weekend, and early week, I shall be attempting to get a workout done, and I have another happily enough, ad hoc stint coming up Tuesday next week, and in the meantime, via in at home, listening to music, and cross stitching or knitting.

I have completely recovered from my spell of coughing.

N

natalie

Hi all,

Now that I am fully recovered from dental treatment, Monday afternoon, only it wasn't just a root canal job I had done, I had a filling as well, I am all as normal, today, I have been tired, as I went out shopping to different in the borough areas, this afternoon, so I couldn't logg on earlier on, anyway, I'm logged on now, and I have switched to my mode of knitting this evening and listening to music.

I was thinking of working out, I don't think I will, I'll therefore workout tomorrow during the day, at some stage.

Monday will be a quiet non volunteering day, I don't have anything prebooked, so I'll be monitoring my email volunteering notifications, every so often through the day and between whiles.... logging onto here also. And to try to give support plus tips, and advice, if I'm able to whilst monitoring my emails, if I happen to note any posts which might be of interests to me.

Tuesday, I'm going to a zumba gold, group which I'll be trying out for the very first time. Hopefully, if I'll manage the choreogrpahy and pace of the class ok, I'll return, the following week.

Wednesday I'll be out all day.

One thing to point out though, I am controlled happily for complex mental health through medication, as I have been a pshycotic case also, apart from conditions of hearing voices, anxeity and paranoia, I am not under a mental health department, formerly, I was discharged from them, back in 2008, with a bref flying visit back in 2012. In again, only for an hour worth of appointment, last year, so therefore, I am just under GP service, and the medicine. I always like to be occupried when and whereever I can , be it iether relaxing, or busier volunteering, or attending community day centre branches.

Once again, just to sum up, I have been tired this evening, having been out a lot today, and am relaxing this evening by knitting - not cross stitching, and listening to music. combined. At the moment, my hearing voices are very well behaved even though, I have been very very tired, and anxiety levels or paranoia as well, are fine, on my return to slightly increased doseage.

I'll spend most of the day at home tomorrow.

Natalie (Nat).

N

natalie

HI all,

I have recently felt this week, that seeing zumba gold classes are too early on in the morning for me, I have decided that I'll just work out to my fitness dvds in at home, own time, and saving extra money.

I am still very proactive in music listening not just for mental health purposes, and needleworking or knitting.

Natalie.