• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Tips on how to manage suicidal thoughts

Q

queerghost

I’ve been struggling recently and if anyone has any tips they would be very appreciated.

M

Meapasauras

I spent years of my life stuck in a roller coaster battle with depression and suicidal thoughts through out high school. Honestly the only thing that worked for me after years of being stuck in such a loop was the stupidest answer to the whole thing. I just simply ignored any such negative thoughts, I didn't treat them as my own, I started treating it like an enemy to be beat. The most important thing is to establish that they are not your thoughts but a product of you being sad or in a negative mood and its important to establish the idea that you or life will not always be this way. Dont think life is ever gonna get better? Well by being depressed or in such a negative state you have proven otherwise already life can be better and has been before. If the stuff before wasn't satisfactory, I use to sit in the dark and listen to music rocking in a chair at night just letting all the negative come at me at once then id take deep breaths calm and sleep it off. (Maybe not the healthiest way but it worked for me)

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
This is a help sheet that MHF have put together hopefully it may be useful to you.
You dont say if you are getting any help for your issues. If not i suggest you contact a doctor

Q

queerghost

I spent years of my life stuck in a roller coaster battle with depression and suicidal thoughts through out high school. Honestly the only thing that worked for me after years of being stuck in such a loop was the stupidest answer to the whole thing. I just simply ignored any such negative thoughts, I didn't treat them as my own, I started treating it like an enemy to be beat. The most important thing is to establish that they are not your thoughts but a product of you being sad or in a negative mood and its important to establish the idea that you or life will not always be this way. Dont think life is ever gonna get better? Well by being depressed or in such a negative state you have proven otherwise already life can be better and has been before. If the stuff before wasn't satisfactory, I use to sit in the dark and listen to music rocking in a chair at night just letting all the negative come at me at once then id take deep breaths calm and sleep it off. (Maybe not the healthiest way but it worked for me)
Thanks for your support. I find that isolating myself and just crying seems to help sometimes but I really wish that I could just stop thinking these things all together.

Q

queerghost

Today isn’t the best but it’s raining outside and that kinda comforts me

B

Braveheart

Thanks for your support. I find that isolating myself and just crying seems to help sometimes but I really wish that I could just stop thinking these things all together.
I find that too,isolating myself,cutting myself off world works a treat. Sit in the dark,music on does it too.xxxx.big hugs

T

treasurebox

Know that there will be better days for you. Believe it.

Music helps me. Music therapy or listening to good and uplifting songs in youtube makes me feel and think better.

Also doing what I love to do which is writing helps me too. What do you love to do? What are you good at? Is it cooking, baking, gardening, doing arts and crafts? Do it and it will make you happy and even be successful.

I

Intareseid

I think trying to look at things with a certain unemotional logic may help a bit.

After all, I think suicide is often a highly irrational and emotional act. There's most likely no form of after life, meaning that death implies eternal non existence and by extension life is a unique and irreplaceable experience.

So unless life is just absolute torture and there's no viable chance of it ever improving, then I think the logical approach is to try and keep going, even if it's just to ward off nonexistence a bit longer or in the faint hope of finding a better way to live.

A

Am33

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Understand the thoughts aren't coming from you they aren't yours . They are from the mass consciousness 7 billion people's energy of despair , negativity especially this year . To overcome negative energy you need more positive energy as science proves . I do affirmations everyday for this lots tools out there high hertz videos you tube and don't focus too much on the news you get information poisoning that will take your energy down.

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

Today isn’t the best but it’s raining outside and that kinda comforts me
I actually like when it rains, because it matches my depressed mood and I have an excuse not to do anything outside but to stay inside instead and just feel down about myself.

K

karl7

Take it easy as much as you can @queerghost ....relax, watch the tv, de-stress and remember that the depression will pass......

keep up posting here on the forum for support

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

I actually like when it rains, because it matches my depressed mood and I have an excuse not to do anything outside but to stay inside instead and just feel down about myself.
Nothing worse then waking up to a bright, sunny morning when you don't feel bright or sunny. It grates on your nerves.

I much prefer dark, overcast days. Somehow they accent my mood and make me feel that the rest of the world is in synch with me. LOL. I know that sounds weird, but it is what it is. When you feel YOU are the one out of synch, that's when the depression really hits.