Tips on how to fight tremors?

H

HoggiePoggie

Hello!
Within the past 2 weeks my anxiety has progressively worsened and has now given me constant tremors which make it difficult to function properly. The tremors are in my arms (biceps downwards) and throughout my legs.
The tremors are always there but I don't really bother about it, however when I become very anxious it gets to the point where walking is difficult and it makes me look like I'm drunk with the way I'm walking :LOL:. It isn't so bad in my arms though as I can still grip things fairly well.
I've spoken to my mental health nurse and she never really took notice of it and I've looked online for how to relieve it and it's only coming up with basic breathing exercises which don't work at all.
Has anybody else experienced this and can shed light on some remedies?

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
hi ,my mummy used to experience tremors ,she took propanolol and it helped a little
maybe you don't want to go down the medication route though x

im not sure of any natural remedies ,i will have a quick google xx

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
found this

MedlinePlus reports valerian is commonly used to help treat mild tremors, thus it may be an effective natural remedy for essential tremors. Consume valerian tea by pouring 8 oz. of boiling water over 1 tsp. of dried valerian root and allow the tea to steep for 5 to 10 minutes. Consume up to three times per day.

H

HoggiePoggie

found this

MedlinePlus reports valerian is commonly used to help treat mild tremors, thus it may be an effective natural remedy for essential tremors. Consume valerian tea by pouring 8 oz. of boiling water over 1 tsp. of dried valerian root and allow the tea to steep for 5 to 10 minutes. Consume up to three times per day.
Thanks alot! I'm going to look into where I can buy that stuff.

MidnightBlue

MidnightBlue

Hi nice nice one I love valerian root..<3

Hi also what about the cannabinol (cbd oil) I think will really make a difference with your tremors. I have bought many times and I can easily recommened cbdbrothers or endoca they are organic and the best out there I think.The market is a bit of a minefield but them two are a safe bet I think.
<3

Last edited:
H

HoggiePoggie

Thanks for the suggestions! I've actually managed to find a shop in a local towns high Street that sells ready made valerian teabags so I'll give them a shot.

Hi nice nice one I love valerian root..<3

Hi also what about the cannabinol (cbd oil) I think will really make a difference with your tremors. I have bought many times and I can easily recommened cbdbrothers or endoca they are organic and the best out there I think.The market is a bit of a minefield but them two are a safe bet I think.
<3
I've looked into them but I'm not sure if they're legal in the UK, I'm not entirely sure on the restrictions on cannabinoids but thanks.

I'm willing to take medication for it, I'm most likely going to be put on either anti-depressants or anti anxiety tablets when I eventually go see a psychiatrist so I'll bring it up with them then.

MidnightBlue

MidnightBlue

Hey I'm in the uk, It is legal I'm sure, great anti depressant aswell :hug: both are valerian very good for anxiety I think.
<3

Last edited:
H

HoggiePoggie

Oh right! Oops!
Might be worth a shot then, is there anything I need to know before I get some?

MidnightBlue

MidnightBlue

Hey, not really' maybe cbd brothers are better for you as think they are based in the uk but both are excellent. If I really think about it the cbd might drop your blood pressure ever so slightly and if you feel this nothing a small piece of chocolate can't mend :)
<3

N

natalie

Hi,

I had problems today myself. I became anxious about something, and later on during the evening, my right hand was shaking, and I always thouight it was caused by my raynoulds, so I can gather that its linked to mental anxiety. After being on line here and there, and off course MHF, I settled down, to music listening and knitting, and thankfully the magical trick - worked! My hand isn't even shaking whilst typing this post.

At the moment, I'm fine, and I am not wearing my wrsitbands, for anxiety controlling, I wore them too much whilst away. I'm having breathers from them.

Although hadn't personally worked for me, due to a small incident near miss on cruise, a couple of cruises back, and I became severely anxious, even on a half dose, of 1 mg, I would suggest Lorezapam, for starters, they'll help you sleep better at night, and feel much more relaxed and calmer about things during the morning and day. A word of hint, take at night, causes drowsiness in daytime.

What might also help, when you are better from your severe anxieties, is exercises, because not only would you have to pay, you can even I'll suggest fitness dvds, workout in your own home.

Nice to meet you,

Natalie.

Not_Crazy_Yet

Not_Crazy_Yet

I don't have a cure for it but I get tremors in my hands. When I was detoxing in the hospital they made me show them my hands 4 or 5 times a day as it was really severe back then. The only thing I have found that steadies them is alcohol but I wouldn't recommend that. One of my therapists asked me once if I noticed a change in my tremors after only one drink, he was asking not out of professional curiosity but because he had tremors in his left hand due to an accident. Benzodiazipines have never helped my tremors but mine is likely not anxiety caused but rather my alcoholism.

H

HoggiePoggie

Hey, not really' maybe cbd brothers are better for you as think they are based in the uk but both are excellent. If I really think about it the cbd might drop your blood pressure ever so slightly and if you feel this nothing a small piece of chocolate can't mend :)
<3
Ah ok, I'll keep them in mind!

Hi,

I had problems today myself. I became anxious about something, and later on during the evening, my right hand was shaking, and I always thouight it was caused by my raynoulds, so I can gather that its linked to mental anxiety. After being on line here and there, and off course MHF, I settled down, to music listening and knitting, and thankfully the magical trick - worked! My hand isn't even shaking whilst typing this post.

At the moment, I'm fine, and I am not wearing my wrsitbands, for anxiety controlling, I wore them too much whilst away. I'm having breathers from them.

Although hadn't personally worked for me, due to a small incident near miss on cruise, a couple of cruises back, and I became severely anxious, even on a half dose, of 1 mg, I would suggest Lorezapam, for starters, they'll help you sleep better at night, and feel much more relaxed and calmer about things during the morning and day. A word of hint, take at night, causes drowsiness in daytime.

What might also help, when you are better from your severe anxieties, is exercises, because not only would you have to pay, you can even I'll suggest fitness dvds, workout in your own home.

Nice to meet you,

Natalie.
Exercise is definitely one thing I'd love to do but is unfortunately difficult for me to do since I have very little room in my house and I find it difficult to go out on my own. Nobody is free to take me out running/cycling so I'm pretty much stuck indoors.
I'll keep what you've said about lorezapam in mind since I have no idea what it'll be prescribed (my nurse said I will be getting medication, it's just a case of my psychiatrist deciding the correct prescription as I'm terrified of medication).

I probably should have mentioned that I've had restless legs since I was a child, I don't knoe if that's played a part in my tremors.

H

HoggiePoggie

I don't have a cure for it but I get tremors in my hands. When I was detoxing in the hospital they made me show them my hands 4 or 5 times a day as it was really severe back then. The only thing I have found that steadies them is alcohol but I wouldn't recommend that. One of my therapists asked me once if I noticed a change in my tremors after only one drink, he was asking not out of professional curiosity but because he had tremors in his left hand due to an accident. Benzodiazipines have never helped my tremors but mine is likely not anxiety caused but rather my alcoholism.
I can't drink alcohol anyway, I'm methophobic and can't stand the stuff :LOL:

J

jamark

Is it a tremor when your toes and calves constantly move and jerk when you sit cross-legged? I am only comfortable sitting like this because of my back pain from surgery, and they move up a storm and bug the daylights out of me! Is this a tremor too? Or just nervousness?

Not_Crazy_Yet

Not_Crazy_Yet

Maybe restless leg syndrome. Idk it could be tremors. I'm no MD. Some psychiatric meds cause restless leg syndrome. I would take it up with my doctor if I were you. If you're taking psych meds those could be what are called extrapyramidal symptoms or EPS. Hope you find some relief.

J

jamark

Maybe restless leg syndrome. Idk it could be tremors. I'm no MD. Some psychiatric meds cause restless leg syndrome. I would take it up with my doctor if I were you. If you're taking psych meds those could be what are called extrapyramidal symptoms or EPS. Hope you find some relief.
AHH I thought it was that possibly. I wasn't sure if it was tremors or RLS. I have to be on Cymbalta, Ativan and Abilify. But on other meds since I got back and neck probs. Had surgery on lower back, got those titanium rods and screws in there for 2 levels of it, and gotta have it on my neck in the spring. For my neck I have to be on Neurontin, which helps to not make my arm go tingly and numb. I'd say some of those meds could be cause of it. I'll definitely talk to my doctors about it cuz it is causing problems. I need to get back on that treadmill soon. I had got a flu shot then got the flu really bad! No more flu shots for me no way!

EPS. Never heard of it but will research and talk to docs. Thanks so much. :) :D

Not_Crazy_Yet

Not_Crazy_Yet

No problem. Hopefully you get everything sorted. Neurontin is a good drug for nerve pain. I don't know if you mean you're already on it or you will start it after your next surgery. Yeah I'll never have another flu shot. I had my gall bladder removed and they strongly advised me to get a flu shot because as I was healing they said the flu could kill me because of a weakened immune system. I got the flu right after and was miserable.