• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

tips needed

F

fair&square75

Hi all,was just wondering if anyone has got out of agrophobia? I haven't always been this way until 2 yrs ago due to a leg injury & losing my mobility,but I've had an op and its way better but been struggling to leave the house,yet I hate staying in all the time...its so frustrating because alot of the time I get dressed and ready to go but just cant do it...really holding me back and just don't know how to build myself back up,any advice would be greatly appreciated �� x

Gajolene

Gajolene

With spring coming it will get easier to go out fair&square. The walk I took yesterday first time in more than 3 weeks to get beer. I'm planning a vegetable garden and the landlord has given me permission to dig it. I still worry about neighbours ogling me but gardening is great for agoropobia.

Gajolene

Gajolene

I take those plastic lawn chairs and they fit perfectly over the seedling rows for weeding and harvesting. One year I was on a farm and we had massive beatle grubs in the soil I brought two chickens from the barn and they cleared every beetle grub in the patch as I turned the soil. Flower beds are wonderfull two and you get to enjoy the wonderfull blooms. Very rewarding. I have one arm that is only 25% mobility from a work related injuries and permanent repetative tendonitis in both wrists, it's hard but you can work around physical disability and get out of the house.

F

fair&square75

That's a good idea gajolene,ty �� my leg is pretty much back to normal now but I'm full of fear when out and hypervigilant,I think its cos I stopped doing it as much...last time I went out in my own it was to the shop and by the time I got bk (around a 30 minute walk) I was soaked in sweat n worn out in the head lol its like am good to go but cos I'm not used to it it scares me...ty for ur advice g �� I'm gonna go in the garden this afternoon and tidy it up a bit...x

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
thrashmetalsfinest Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3