• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Tips during mania, pls

limbo_grrrl

limbo_grrrl

hi everybody. I hope you're feeling well.
I want to ask a question about mania. my episodes are quite active, which is a manifestation of mania, ha. I go to other cities, have unwanted sexual relationships, break limbs, get into bad company with alcohol, cannabis and all that shit. I know you understand what I mean.
But of course I wouldn't do that in my right mind. Do you know any tips to at least have a little control over this episode? I'll be happy to get all the answers, and you can write me a personal message if you want. It would be great to find companionship here.
(sorry if there are mistakes. English is not my native language)

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hiya. I am diagnosed bipolar too and know how destructive mania can be at times. It feels great when I'm in it, but it leaves wreckage for all my family and friends to clean up after wards.

I stick to my regime of medication strictly and have finally found a balance of meds which suit me and keep me more or less on an even keel. I still suffer from depression a lot but I can manage it. I think keep trying out different cocktails of meds until you find the right fit for you. I had to try loads before I got this balance. Obviously, therapy also helps to maintain the moods and to see when a cycle is about to start.

H

Happy bill

/\/\/\/\. This. Meds are what helps the most. Trying to fight mania without it is very very hard.

be warned though, meds take a huge part of what makes you “you”. It’s a huge lose that’s hard for people to cope with. I’ve gone thru the five stages of grief over what’s been lost in my life. It’s really that much of a lose.

limbo_grrrl

limbo_grrrl

/\/\/\/\. This. Meds are what helps the most. Trying to fight mania without it is very very hard.

be warned though, meds take a huge part of what makes you “you”. It’s a huge lose that’s hard for people to cope with. I’ve gone thru the five stages of grief over what’s been lost in my life. It’s really that much of a lose.
Hi. Thanks for the answer. I will take my meds and not avoid schedule. I think, my mix of pills for now days are useful.
But im so sorry that you have been suffered. Or still being in trouble. No one deserves this curse. I hope you will be well, dude.

H

Happy bill

Thanks. I’m very stable and doing great. Being centered may be boring, but it’s a good feeling not being out of control all the time.