• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Time

jax

jax

I am lost with time. I read a post in another website where I said the crisis team d/c me last week. It was not last week. I was talking to the nurses today and I think she said it was two ago I was discharged. When I Was at my appointment with the nurses this morning - they asked me some questions about when things happened. I can't give accurate times of dates for anything - just that it was a few weeks ago. Even things that are very serious and I should remember. I just could not give the times that anything happened. I really have no idea what happened when. I have never been this mixed up or confused about things.

I can't remember missing an appointment for years and years- there maybe has been a time - but I can't recall. I missed my dentist appointment two times in two weeks!! The third one I had to cancel on the morning of it as I had another appointment. I keep forgetting about things I have to do. It was just by luck that I got up early as I had my alarm set at 9am for my nurse appointment - however I had an appointment at 9 am that I forgot. I am not focusing - I see my diary and the things I have to do - but they are not being put into my head.

I am not sure why I am all mixed up. I really seem to have lost my ability to remember - roughly when things occurred. Everything is blurry - almost as if I dreamt it. I couldn't even guess when I was int he crisis house. Or when the team started with me. I don't understand what is going on. My brain seems like it has been zapped of all its cells !

Emily-Rose

Emily-Rose

Hey Jax,

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling like this. I'm not sure exactly what it could be, but could you write the appointment somewhere you could remember them? For example, on the fridge.

If you want to remember when you had past appointments maybe you could write tyhem in a diary, then all you need to do is look back and see the exact date/time that you went?

I'm sorry I can't be of much more help.

Emily.x

jax

jax

Thanks for your reply Emily. I am worried now as I rang my GP and asked what my last lithium level was. It was taken last Thursday. I am on 400 mgs less of lithium that I was on for the past 3 years. The receptionist told me that my level was exactly 1.

1 is almost toxic. This level is worrying for me as I wasn't ever 1 with being on the 1400 mgs and I am only 100 mgs now. I missed two doses of my lithium level in the week the level was taken - so it wasn't a full week. I am scared that the confusion and mix-up feeling may be due to my lithium level being too high as that can be a symptom.