• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Time Zones

T

TOONAFISH

Has anyone heard of this. When i was in hospital last time i had to go to a different place cause of lack of beds. i saw a psychiatrist there who said i should already be aware of going through time zones as it can bring on a manic episode.

Have since asked my own psych and she said she had never heard of it.

Would love to travel but dont fancy arriving ill. Can only afford to go to a caravan park at the moment but just curious.

Does anyone know or does anyone travel long haul?

Thanks for reading xx

M

mad as a hatter

my pdoc said something about this 2 me when i went 2 aus a few yrs bk but it was never about makin me manic i think it was just about the time differences so u remember 2 tk ur meds or something at the same time as bk home if possible i certainly never got manic ne way

guggy

guggy

I've been mentioned this before. Basically any event that results in you sleeping less could eventually trigger a manic episode, so you have to be careful about it. If I were to travel long distances I would consult with my psychiatrist, perhaps a medication adjustment is in order.

Last edited: