Time to take the giant leap of faith! The big H!

C

clara1974

Sorry if i wasn't clear.

From Stopping me getting help and going on a course to get me off it for good.

I have friends that have got help and come off it and are clean now but they didn't have kids.

I've heard horrible stories of people having there children taken off them by the authorities and it's the only thing holding me back

claude

claude

that must be really scary for you. I don't have any experience with heroin addiction/treatment and i don't have kids so i don't know how useful my advice will be, but i wondered if you have any support around you to help with the kids if you were to go into treatment? Maybe if you could show there was a good network of support it might reassure services? It is a shame you cannot get anonymous advice saying what services would need to see was in place to not feel that your kids were at risk, but i do not know anywhere where you could get this advice.

edit: i had a quick google and came across this, might be worth looking into? Best Beginnings | Parents who use drugs

Last edited:
C

clara1974

Claude,

Thank you for taking the time to reply even when you don't have direct experience. Anyone that's suffered and still lives to tell the tail is more than worthy of giving advice.

The thing is claude i wouldn't have to go away anywhere lots of my friends have gone to the Doctors and been referred to a substance addiction Doc and he put's you on a course of tablets called subitex or methadone to stop the withdrawal symptoms. They do this by getting to to collect your medication from the chemist every morning then they eventually trust you enough to give you weekly prescriptions.

And you also have to see the dr and give regular urine samples to show your staying off the drugs.

It has a very high success rate. When i can't afford H i'll take subs to stop me getting ill i get them from friends who are also on the course.
But i don't know anyone with children and the only ones i've heard about had there children taken into care.

I've got 2 older kids both moved out 1 married with her own kids. My daughter now 7 Charlotte i'd been wanting for around 10 years but hadn't met the right person and when i did or thought i had. pmsl :) i completely stopped everything even smoking fags.
I call her my gaurdian angel because she basically rescued me from myself.

But slowly bit by bit i was introduced to new drugs. It's funny because i'd always had a limit or a line i would never cross. but when you love someone totally. (i say totally is there any other way?) lmao you do things to please them or impress them.

I wish i knew then what i know now i'd never made most of the stupid decisions that lead me hear.

I ended up being abused by the man i thought loved me AGAIN and i now know no man that truely loved me would give me drugs that would damage me and reduce me to what i am now. Anyway forget all that i just want advice on the drug problem.

Does anyone know anyone who has a child that owned up to being an addict?

I've always 100% protected my daughter from my addiction i'm over paranoid on that so i only smoke in my outdoor shed.

I don't drink or smoke in my house i am apart from this very responsible thats why i want to stop this but i need some help with the withdrawals
I know cos i've been through it cold turkey and it's hell and i can't afford to be ill with a child.

Help please

Clara xxx

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
The stigma of Heroin is probably one of the worst out there. Yes if I were to help you, I would try and get you into recovery, into the system if needs be.