• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Time to sign off on the sick?

inthemiddle

inthemiddle

Founding Member
Me and my partner are suffering from infertillity problems at the moment, we have been trying for a baby for 2 years and are undergoing treatment.

I've been in my job 3 months and it has has been very stressful recently. I often come home from work in a grumpy mood. I am fine at weekends and then as soon as monday comes my stomach starts to churn and i feel sick. I have diarreah and and upset tummy constantly, but when im off work it subsides. When im at work, i often get hiccups and get really hot and flustered. I get rashes on my face and neck from itching due to the stress.

Have just been thinking this cant be doing us any good, and could possibly be affecting our chances of conceiving?

What do you think? should i sign off for a few weeks or do you think it could make things worse when i go back?

raven

raven

Me and my partner are suffering from infertillity problems at the moment, we have been trying for a baby for 2 years and are undergoing treatment.

I've been in my job 3 months and it has has been very stressful recently. I often come home from work in a grumpy mood. I am fine at weekends and then as soon as monday comes my stomach starts to churn and i feel sick. I have diarreah and and upset tummy constantly, but when im off work it subsides. When im at work, i often get hiccups and get really hot and flustered. I get rashes on my face and neck from itching due to the stress.

Have just been thinking this cant be doing us any good, and could possibly be affecting our chances of conceiving?

What do you think? should i sign off for a few weeks or do you think it could make things worse when i go back?
It sounds like work is a real nightmare for you at the moment. Some time off might help but unless you fix the problems at work that are causing it then the stress and symptoms will return. *hugs* What is it about work that is the problem?

I suspect that stress probably will effect chances of conceiving, but thats just a guess.

raven

thedreamswehad

thedreamswehad

It sounds like work is a real nightmare for you at the moment. Some time off might help but unless you fix the problems at work that are causing it then the stress and symptoms will return. *hugs* What is it about work that is the problem?

I suspect that stress probably will effect chances of conceiving, but thats just a guess.

raven
I agree with raven that time off could help, but if you don't fix the problems at work that are making you stressed, your symptoms will come back and it could possibly be affecting the chances of conceiving.

Best of luck, I hope things work out for you :hug: