• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Time anxiety

S

SF2

I'm not sure if this is normal but I've become strangely obssesed with time. I feel as if I'm always stuck in the current moment and never moving forwards, and that waiting for something feels forever. I just feel really concious of nowness! I feel like I'm going up the wall, I can't enjoy anything because my mind is fixated on this "now" moment.
How do i stop myself thinking this way?

katya

katya

I'm not sure if this is normal but I've become strangely obssesed with time. I feel as if I'm always stuck in the current moment and never moving forwards, and that waiting for something feels forever. I just feel really concious of nowness! I feel like I'm going up the wall, I can't enjoy anything because my mind is fixated on this "now" moment.
How do i stop myself thinking this way?
Hello and :welcome:

I'm sorry you're struggling with this phobia.

In answer to your question, I'm not sure, to be honest. I'm not sure if something like mindfulness would help because that encourages you to be in the now.

What about being in the "now" scares you? Is it like an existential crisis?

S

SF2

Thanks Jruth. I'm not sure it's a phobia but maybe more like an awareness?

In the Clouds

In the Clouds

I'm sorry I don't know how to help but I'm going to bump the thread for you. :)

S

SF2

Thank you. I still feel very stuck in each moment & like time doesnt flow if that makes sense.