Thursday group may/likely to be a no no

F

firemonkee57

Saw rehab team . Venue for Thursday group is changing. Currently it's at the local mind centre, 5 minutes away, but they are changing it because they think Mind haven't welcomed them with open arms-especially the new manager there.
New venue is going to be Basildon, which is way out of my comfort zone. As i said it's not so much the train journey but finding my way around after getting off the train. I have an abject fear of getting lost and being trapped. I think the anxiety getting there and home again will undo any benefit i get from attending.
Emphasis is off the cooking which they say i have done well at and on getting out more and stretching my horizons. It feels extremely daunting. If only i could magically develop a good sense of direction!

Also talk of maybe getting a home help in. That's easier said than done for two reasons (1) People are wary of coming to the flats (2) Tend to be iffy about doing it if you are not physically ill . Previous attempt, via my youngest step daughter, to get someone in
floundered after two cleaners in 4-5 weeks who quit for differing reasons and then no one else was offered.

BlueGlass

BlueGlass

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I think long as you plan your route, with maybe an alternative in case a road is closed and you take a map with you, or for the first time maybe you could take a taxi, not sure if you are comfortable with that. Whilst it might be very stressful at first, after a while I think it would get easier and you would gain more from going.

Toasted Crumpet

Toasted Crumpet

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I find doing google street view before i go anywhere is helpful. I can't read maps very well, but if i do street view then i remember the landmarks and know if i am going in the right direction. Even if you don't have a smartphone, which I don't, you can do it before on your home pc and sort of walk it there from the station. Hope this is of some use to you.