• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

Thunderstorms scare me so much I get a panic attack does anyone else feel this way

C

Carol1952

Damn it we had a big one around 4 pm the place got pitch black and of course i got so scared i laid down on my couch turned the radio on and closed my eyes it has been thundering for over two hours now i hate this i am sick of being scared of every little thing.

C

Carol1952

Is this usual for where you live or have you had a heatwave triggering it all?
oH ya all last week we had 90 degrees and more the humidty is bad,i dont want to have to hide again tomorrow cause another big one is coming,

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

oH ya all last week we had 90 degrees and more the humidty is bad,i dont want to have to hide again tomorrow cause another big one is coming,
Are you less scared during the day time? I was hoping it might strike before dark...

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

no.it is suppose to come guess when?Late in the afternoon or night why always at night>
:doh: Oh dear. Another white knuckle ride for Carol.

Was the last really bad or d'you think you're coping with them quite well? x

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Been digging around for things that might help, Carol...

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

This is interesting...the only difference between fear and excitement is brain dialogue...the physical manifestations are exactly the same :popcorn:

C

Carol1952

:doh: Oh dear. Another white knuckle ride for Carol.

Was the last really bad or d'you think you're coping with them quite well? x
I saw one for 8am 12pm and one for 7 pm but accuweather didnt say they were bad so who knows heck no i willl never cope with a storm rain iam fine but snow wind and ts no

C

Carol1952

I saw one for 8am 12pm and one for 7 pm but accuweather didnt say they were bad so who knows heck no i willl never cope with a storm rain iam fine but snow wind and ts no
watch out another bunch of storms coming tomorrow shit i cant take aymore of these storms .