• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Threats

Funnyday

Funnyday

The voices are making threats to try to get me to stop playing a certain song again and again. There are real people behind the voices. Sometimes they switch over to AI as otherwise it would be impossible for them to monitor me 24-7.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
The voices are making threats
What threats does he/they make?

otherwise it would be impossible for them to monitor me 24-7.
This is why I believe all humans come in pairs, two minds sharing one body, mine has been talking all day every day for around four and a half years, nobody would spend that kind of time pestering me in childish ways unless they were a part of me.

He can also control my body to a certain extent, he can make me blink and flare my nostrils and twitch various other small muscles in my body. The face is just easier because his electrical signals don't have to travel very far from our brain.

When I increased my Dopamine levels by a very high amount by doing something stupid he was able to control larger muscle groups completely, effectively taking possession of me, I wasn't able to put up much resistance to him.

Funnyday

Funnyday

They say that they are going to send relatives of mine letters containing information that they have learnt about my family and mix it with false information. Using the real info to act as a back up that what they have said has happened. Lending my relatives to believe anything that they are told in addition to the real info.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Well with my beliefs 'they' have no access to our world except through you and your body.

I think your safe. I'd ask your voices to try another one.

EdEd

EdEd

I dont think that will happen , it seems like the voices we gauging your reaction to this statement... like they were more curious how you reacted then actually doing this act.. personally.. that's what I think.

EdEd

EdEd

You probably got real defensive.. and worried that this would actually happen. I'm assuming the false info they were threatening to spread got to you the worst.

EdEd

EdEd

Well with my beliefs 'they' have no access to our world except through you and your body.

I think your safe. I'd ask your voices to try another one.
Interesting thought.

Funnyday

Funnyday

I keep repeating FCUK YOU again and again.

EdEd

EdEd

I see.. what do the voices say when you think that...what type of reaction do you get?

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
In my experience the thing voices hate the most is no interaction whatsoever.

I don't react to mine verbally or emotionally, he absolutely hates me for it and whines endlessly about it but as he keeps reminding himself "tell it to someone who cares".

He often resorts to speaking to himself, berating himself as if it were me doing it. He must have told himself to shut up thousands of times over the years but he doesn't even listen to himself so why would he listen to me.

My opinion is it's utterly pointless to invest any amount of energy into voices, they will drain you dry and still ask for more if you let them.

Funnyday

Funnyday

I can get them to go silent while chanting FCUK YOU! As soon as I stop they try a different angle on me.

EdEd

EdEd

In my experience the thing voices hate the most is no interaction whatsoever.

I don't react to mine verbally or emotionally, he absolutely hates me for it and whines endlessly about it but as he keeps reminding himself "tell it to someone who cares".

He often resorts to speaking to himself, berating himself as if it were me doing it. He must have told himself to shut up thousands of times over the years but he doesn't even listen to himself so why would he listen to me.

My opinion is it's utterly pointless to invest any amount of energy into voices, they will drain you dry and still ask for more if you let them.
Agreed , it's a waste of energy.

EdEd

EdEd

I can get them to go silent while chanting FCUK YOU! As soon as I stop they try a different angle on me.
Do you feel like your voices are the enemy? That they're not going to be happy to they threaten , embarrass, or harass you?

Funnyday

Funnyday

My voices are the enemy. They have ruined my life. They are utter scum bags drunk with power.

EdEd

EdEd

I use to think along the same lines... but then I noticed it wasnt a good strategy to keep my enemy so close to my home base.. so I struck an idealistic alliance In my head...and the peace treaty was signed.. I've had little problems since..