Threatened with locked rehab.

I

itsallaboutme

I've just been released on section 17 home leave finally, but somethings really niggled me being on section this time which I think shouldn't of happened and that is being threatened with locked rehab because of my behaviour which basically consisted of kicking doors and ripping paper, they said I was 'touching cloth' about going to locked rehab meaning I was a whisker away from going, when their was another person on the unit completely trashing the place breaking windows, biting and hitting staff and nothing ever happened to him punishment wise and he had capacity... It made me totally paranoid for three weeks feeling like I was walking on egg shells.

I

itsallaboutme

I think because I become a revolving door patient they were considering it, well more then considering it if there had been a bed available I would be their right now. I new that smarmy psychologist had it out for me from the beginning and you mention owt about it they call you paranoid..

coldwater00

coldwater00

Just wondering how you're doing? Trust me I get where you are coming from. I've been in locked rehab and it was horrendous. I had to sell my soul/kiss some serious arse to get out. I can't believe I managed to do it without going even more insane because the psychiatrists that worked there were just vile. I was also forced to sit in a room and have slanging matches with my parents under the pretense of "open dialogue family therapy". I ended up getting sent there in the first place because I had been in hospital for about 8 months and wasn't getting better "quick enough." I then kicked my door down after I had been locked out of it from 8.00 am till 11.30 pm, not allowed to smoke, had all my possessions confiscated and thrown in the MDT room in piles, not allowed to socialize with the other patients, and forcibly injected with clopixol (had absolutely reached the end of my tether, and part of me still thinks this was a deliberate attempt to provoke me by the staff). This was the final nail in the coffin so to speak (had other incidents previously including one where I had refused to come in from smoking yard and ended up being dragged inside by 5 huge men and pinned down on the floor). I was a bit of a nuisance, but generally I think the decision to move me 50 miles away to locked rehab (PICU first) was because the staff had taken a dislike to me and wanted me gone. The consultant who decided I should be moved, deliberately chose a unit as far away as possible, and made sure I wouldn't get a place at a local unit. My Mum had a conversation with the local unit's manager in which this was implied. I also wasn't told of the decision to move me until the last minute, and there was a transport ambulance crew with handcuffs stood outside my room. Overall on the ward I was quite polite and tame most of the time, but was deemed a management problem fairly early on and never managed to shake that label off.

Last edited:
I

itsallaboutme

I feel like I'm on my last chance being in the community knowing how bad they wanted me in locked rehab I think one step out of line I'll be locked away this time, I'm playing lip service until my CTO finishes then I'm totally going to disengage from all mental health services.

coldwater00

coldwater00

I'm sorry to hear that, I know it's awful having threats hanging over you. After I came out of hospital I was almost sectioned again about 3 or 4 times in the next 6 months. Have been keeping myself to myself for the last 3 months and things have been ok. When does your CTO finish?

I

itsallaboutme

December some time, I have weekly visits from the community team and just waiting until I'm left alone.

coldwater00

coldwater00

Hmm that's not too bad I suppose. Just hang on, stay strong. I'm walking on egg shells too atm. What are the conditions of your CTO?

I

itsallaboutme

Not to drink alcohol, Failed that one.
Not to drink caffeine after 6pm, failed that one
To see community team regular.
Be back here at 10pm, failed that one too.

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

Sending love and hugs xx