• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Thoughts

A

Aryastark3

I seem to have started overthinking things.

I cling on something that has happened, something that may have happened the day ago, a week ago, even a decade ago.
I start thinking about the incident, something random, like for example something that happened at my wedding 13 years ago. All of a sudden I get absolutely OBSESSED with it. It's things that had no effect on me at the time, but I look back on and can't take it off my mind. Its always something negative.
I struggle to function and it takes over my life. It has come to a point that it gets so intense I feel suicidal. Any ideas?

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
It has come to a point that it gets so intense I feel suicidal.
It may help to have a look at these two pages on the forum: Suicidal Crisis and Mental Health Forum - Getting Help about what to do if you're feeling suicidal, or if you need emergency help. I hope you can use the forum for support during this difficult time.

If you’re thinking about suicide and are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (i.e. in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111) or call the international emergency number of 112.

If you have been affected by the contents of this thread and would like to speak to someone about your feelings you can call one of the following helplines:

In the UK and Ireland, the Samaritans can be contacted on 116 123.
In the US, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, the crisis support service Lifeline is on 13 11 14.
In New Zealand, the Need to Talk service is on 1737 or 080017371737.
Other international helplines can be found at www.befrienders.org.

S

Started 1976

Try not to React to these thoughts, try not to Ruminate about these thoughts.If you don't React or Ruminate about them they will die.
I would Recommend watching Videos by Ali Greymond.The very best of Luck.

H

Helen1960

I'm sorry I have no answers. I really hope things improve.
Xx

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R Variety of intrusive thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
S Horrible feelings and thoughts - please respond Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
S Is this OCD? Your thoughts are much appreciated Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
ketuntassut compulsive thoughts? anxiety? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
A Echoing thoughts-Guys is this normal? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
A Random thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
C Blasphemous Thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 8
F More TOCD thoughts... help Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 9
N Struggling with intrusive thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
K intrusive thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
S Obsessions/Intrusive Thoughts Making Me Sick Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
R Intrusive thoughts leading to fear of being falsely accused and punished Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
C Overlapping intrusive thoughts and contamination Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
S Negative impulsive thoughts about boyfriend Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
Mr Oreo Bunny intrusive thoughts are scaring me Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
Scarlet2021 Obsessive thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
jajingna Zoloft for obsessive thoughts? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
C Medication for thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
W Sexually intrusive thoughts/ obsession with rape Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
L HELP: Intrusive Thoughts During Sex Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 8
P Intrusive thoughts about other people? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
T Need Help with anxious obsessive thoughts please Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
M Intrusive thoughts and a "delay" of anxiety Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
S sexual intrusive thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 10
M Obsessive thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
R False Memories and Intrusive Thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
F Uncomfortable thinking about being the opposite gender, yet having intrusive thoughts about transitioning? TOCD? Please help. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
S Obsessive thoughts on bodily (rectal) sensations Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
Magenta Pink OCD Thoughts And Anxiety About Going To Hell Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 27
T Helping a friend with bad OCD & intrusive thoughts - whats the best way to do this? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
I Help with obsessive thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
Falling_Fixation Intrusive thoughts of suicide Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
A I am suffering from the thoughts that I am Impotent Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 17
E every action with bad thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
O Fast paced intrusive thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
O Intrusive Thoughts Help. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
R Needing a lady's perspective: Fear of acting out particular thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
Mikrokosmos Are intrusive thoughts corelated with strong motivation? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
M unwanted intrusive thoughts, i feel like im losing my mind Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
K Has anyone watched Straight up on netflix? What are your thoughts? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
Absurd2020reality OCD and intrusive thoughts (absurd) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
G Thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
K Is this just my intrusive thoughts? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 10
G Thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
R Seeking Techniques That Have Helped You to Stop or Diminish Unwanted Intrusive Thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 7
J Intrusive Thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 12
R Intrusive racist thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 13
S guilt over suicidal thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 9
G Bad thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
G Bad thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2