• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Thoughts these days

J

jasmine27

I replied someone the post that I am going to paste below this. I thought I should make a new thread to share what's going on these days.

Every single day is a roller coaster. Currently, I am taking Quetiapine (Seroquel) 100mg at night, Mirtazpine (Remeron) 45mg at night and Clonazepam 0.25mg when needed.
But most of the time I avoid taking Clonazepam because I feel bad for taking so many medicines, I feel a sense of dependence.

Recently, I am not getting a night of good sleep. My doctor gave me a medicine to sleep. I tried taking that medicine but it gives metallic and bitter taste in the mouth throughout the day. So, I stopped taking that one and next week maybe he will give me another one to sleep.

I am not exactly suicidal but I have thoughts of suicide. Like how everyone around me would react if I am no more. These days I hurt myself a lot, I get angry and I start smashing things or harm myself. It is way out for me from my sadness and loneliness.

With this therapist, I guess it's been a year now. I am improving but the problem with BPD is it takes a hell lot of time to see improvements.

Last month, my therapist and I started working on this book called "The Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills Workbook" by Matthew McKay, Jeffrey Brantley and Jeffrey C. Wood.

I am learning new coping strategies, how to control emotions and how to deal with anger, what alternatives I can use without getting seriously injured or hurt. (Like holding ice cubes)
Apart from DBT, I don't know what techniques my therapist has used till now.

If you are in Canada you can use an app called MY SSP.
This app is available 24/7, you can chat or call with counsellors whenever you are feeling low.

Hope you have a good weekend and a night of good sleep.

A

Am33

Good you are seeing a therapist yes takes lots of time and working at it.