• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Thoughts of a vulnerable narcissist explained

C

Cornflowerblue

Loved the video, I suspect my older sister is a narcissist, in fact I’m pretty certain but because I’ve been invalidated by my mother and sister all my life I can’t seem to trust my own instincts and thoughts. she displays quite a few behaviours you have mentioned eg. The sudden long term silent treatment , the blame deflection without even considering my sympathetic feedback. Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

She is a narcissist because:

She needs to be superior, right, or in charge all of the time.

She has to be the boss. You are for her or you are against her.

She can never be in the wrong, she has never said sorry over anything Ever.

She can never be criticised, her motives can never be questioned in the slightest or there will be no explanation but full blown narcissistic rage.

Any kind of dissent or disagreement is badly received and results in fighting or cold dismissal and possible complete cut off to punish the dissenter.

She can never openly discuss feelings or agree to see her part in any problem.

She shares very little personal or ‘real’ info about her personal life or feelings.

She is surrounded by ‘yes people’ who bite their tongues , people indebted to her, people who want something from her and people she controls for one reason or another.

She is highly social, extroverted and thrives on admiration and has a very large circle of ‘friends’ , followers and admirers. People must treat her with the respect she ‘deserves’.
She is entitled and will expect you to bend to her wishes if necessary

She has a black belt in arguing and can say extremely cold and unkind things.She can also be very nice and generous too which causes confusion and imbalance in others.

She is patronising, overbearing and dominating. Her issues are real and important. Your issues are due to being overly sensitive, stupid or selfish.

Her choices sometimes appear to be cold, calculating and callous under the guise of expediency and practicality

She probably feels sad, lonely and empty at times but will not allow ‘ordinary’ people in.

B

Blackrose09

I'm not a doctor but I had abusive members in my family who suffer from npd. Also a long term relationship with an abusive narcissist.
Everything you described is narcissism!
Going no contact is the best you can do in this situation because they can make you mentally and phizically sick due to the amount of stress they put you through. And also they can ruin every aspect of your life. Then they will discard you and move on to the next target.
Sorry this is the harash truth.

C

Cornflowerblue

Thankyou so much for your reply. I’m sorry you went through that.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
FlowerBox Personality Disorders Forum 10