• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Thoughts, feelings, etc

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Ok, so I had CBT today. The thing is, that whilst having the therapy, I kept having intrusive thoughts, and impulses. It has upset me because I don't want these things. I'm gonna tell my girlfriend but I also thought I would say on here since i'm using the forum for support.

I think maybe I have some sort of impulse disorder or at the least I have issues around this.

katya

katya

I'm sorry to hear that. I imagine CBT is quite hard to focus on in many ways. I've never had it myself. Hopefully next time will be a more positive experience for you. Have you told your therapist?

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

I haven't told my therapist because the thoughts, etc revolve around her. I think the impulses are due to my addiction. Today is my first day of abstinence. Hopefully as I keep on the road to recovery, all other issues will go away.

D

Deliah

Hello, maybe it was a bit like overload to have CBT on the first day of abstinence? I'm, only guessing of course. Have you tried meditation. I have a lot of intrusive thinking too and it works really well for me. I do mindfulness training. I feel on charge of thing since I have been practicing this. Maybe it's something to look into. D xxx

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello, maybe it was a bit like overload to have CBT on the first day of abstinence? I'm, only guessing of course. Have you tried meditation. I have a lot of intrusive thinking too and it works really well for me. I do mindfulness training. I feel on charge of thing since I have been practicing this. Maybe it's something to look into. D xxx
Hello Deliah, I have started doing mindfulness since yesterday. Hopefully I will see some benefits in the near future? I remember in 2012 I went 8 months without acting on my addiction. And by the 4th month or so, my mind/brain was in a much better shape.
This time though my abstinence is permanent.