Thoughts are becoming worse

C

Celticbhoy

Hi I am new to the forum,
I have had issues with harming myself for a while now but the thoughts are starting to become more violent towards myself and the urges to do it have gotten stronger than usual. I have managed to go about 2 weeks without doing anything but the minute anything goes wrong my head is racing and it’s all I can think about, if anyone has ever had anything similar please some advice on even how to distract myself would be great, especially would like to hear from some other men if there is any as i have never met another man who has had similar issues, almost feels like it makes me less of a man that I self harm, any advice from anyone would be much appreciated.

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

hello
Celticbhoy
might be helpful to start slowing this racing thoughts in your head. now that takes a while but it does make a huge difference.

i have done this very thing myself. i managed to reduce the racing thoughts quite considerably. you sound like you hve regular states of high anxiety. which i believe is why you have the racing thoughts

Foxjo

Foxjo

Forum Safety Team
Hi I am new to the forum,
I have had issues with harming myself for a while now but the thoughts are starting to become more violent towards myself and the urges to do it have gotten stronger than usual. I have managed to go about 2 weeks without doing anything but the minute anything goes wrong my head is racing and it’s all I can think about, if anyone has ever had anything similar please some advice on even how to distract myself would be great, especially would like to hear from some other men if there is any as i have never met another man who has had similar issues, almost feels like it makes me less of a man that I self harm, any advice from anyone would be much appreciated.
There are members here that are men that also self harm. You are not alone.
I know as a recovering self harmer how hard it is with the racing thoughts and the urges.
How i deal with them is i do something with my hands - for me its making something which uses my brain and hands at the same time which takes the focus off the urges. So my major hobby is cross stitch, you cant think of much else while you are counting the pattern and stitching. Maybe you can think of something that you could do similar to distract yourself i have heard of men cross stitching.

Hope you find some support here, im usually around during the day if you want to chat more.
Hugs
Fox

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Self Harm Forum 6
vanish Self Harm Forum 2
JohnDoe-mk42 Self Harm Forum 2