• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Thoughts about my funeral

J

Julian93

Does anybody ever think about what your Funeral would look like, who would be there, who wouldn’t be there? I like to think about what clothes I would be in, and how I would look. But tonight it dawned on me that my aunt most certainly would not come. And then it go me thinking how, the people who would go, how they probably would act and what they would say. They would all be very sad and say very nice things about me. But I know how ungenuine they all would be. I guess that could be said about a lot of people. People always say wonderful things about people after they’re gone. But it really makes me sick. it also makes me sad to think how the people that I miss pretty much all the time wouldn’t come. I wonder if they’d even be sad, or maybe feel a tiny bit of guilt?
does anybody ever think about this stuff? Morbid, I know.

Ras

Ras

i think about my death all the time. Not that i am suicidal or anything but death fascinates me and i constantly wonder how i will go out of this world.
I had plans on going out the way i wanted when i was younger but things have changed and now only fate will determine how i die, not me.
As for my funeral. I could be thrown at the local dump for all i care. I dont want money spent on some lavish fancy funeral with lots of people or anything. That is a waste of money and i dont like people much anyway, so i am sure for the most part the feeling is mutual when it comes to me.

The only thing that matters to me once i am dead is that my son is set for life and lives a wonderful life.
Funerals are not for the dead anyway

J

JeanPierre

Does anybody ever think about what your Funeral would look like, who would be there, who wouldn’t be there? I like to think about what clothes I would be in, and how I would look. But tonight it dawned on me that my aunt most certainly would not come. And then it go me thinking how, the people who would go, how they probably would act and what they would say. They would all be very sad and say very nice things about me. But I know how ungenuine they all would be. I guess that could be said about a lot of people. People always say wonderful things about people after they’re gone. But it really makes me sick. it also makes me sad to think how the people that I miss pretty much all the time wouldn’t come. I wonder if they’d even be sad, or maybe feel a tiny bit of guilt?
does anybody ever think about this stuff? Morbid, I know.
Julian, I know exactly what you are speaking of.
When I was a younger I dreamed or fantasied about my death.
Usually it was a car wreck, then the funeral with the casket and all.
I would see the people present, too. I found it fascinating, too.
I am not scared of whatever is next, at all, although my life is precious to me.