• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Thought this was all behind me :(

Onlymebud

Onlymebud

Dont really know what to put.
Guess i hope talking may help.
I'm loosing it again and dont know what to do, imbaresed how do i tell my other half? Darn't talk to doctor i dunno

Thought this was the past.
I carn't deal with my feelings anymore i need to vent, i used to self harm and i'm getting urges but that i can handle, dont hurt anyway i feel numb.

I recently triggered off again i carn't sleep eat think i'm crying a lot i shake i'm angry just buried head in sand so to speak why carn't i ignore it?

I never had treatment years back just kinda got head round it, drink and drugs thank god lol ( sorry )

Really trying totally stoped drink and drug got on with myself but the more i try the craper it gets.
Dont even know how you could help just figured it could i dont have the bottle t admit it to the girlfriend yet and she all i have, there no family and i darent loose her.

Sorry if makes no sense it doesnt to me yet either

Cal

Cal

Founding Member
Hi, welcome to the forum, well done on getting off drink and drugs you only mentioned it briefly but it's a big step, in my opinion as to how to tell your gf i'd say plan it out first, maybe even write down how you feel just so you have time to work out exactly how to say it. Also it sounds like talking to a doctor might be a good idea which can be hard especially if you don't know them (i keep putting it off too so i know what you mean). I hope things start getting better :hug:

Onlymebud

Onlymebud

Thank you Cal.
Just properly admitted this to myself tonight so need to think how to do this, i wish i new about this place before readin threads is like reading myself.
Writting it may help i guess as it is now, just i ment to be "the big man" i dunno how she will cope.

She seen all the scars but this all ment to be behind me now.

Thank you for the welcome and advice :)

Cal

Cal

Founding Member
just remember something i've learnt from personal experience regarding both myself and other people i know, it takes a big man to show his emotions and not hide it behind layers of macho nonsense (sounds cliche but it's true) and she'll probably appreciate the honesty and trust. Take time to get used to the forum, it's been a lot of help for me so i hope it will help you too :D

G

GrizzlyBear

Founding Member
Welcome to the forum :welcome:

There's lots of friendly folks here. :flowers:

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
Hi Onlymebud,
Ignoring problems won't make them go away. They'll always find us and bite us on the backside.
I'm glad you found us. Keep posting! :flowers:
welcome-2.png

tjo73

tjo73

Hi onlymebud and:welcome:
I am new to this forum aswell but already since I became a member I have found good advice and people who can understand what your going through.

It is never easy to tell a loved one/someone you care about that you are ill, but sadly it doesn't go away by ignoring it, it takes a bigger man to admit they have a problem. You will find away to do it.

Good luck :hug:

Onlymebud

Onlymebud

Thanx for the encouraging words everyone, you already helped me a lot, last night was awful but i feel pretty good today.
I think admitting to myself that my head had gone was the first bit lol.
There some excellent advise here and its nice to feel normal somewhere thanx :grouphug::p