• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Thought insertion- mostly happy/unhappy ones or random?

A

Amberleyleak

As I used to know it's one of the schizophrenia symptoms. It's situated as whatever came to your mind but not your own wish.

But usually if it's really schizophrenia insertions, will it norm to always only unpleasant thoughts?
And is it norm to replay or repeat?

For example I used to have lots of most traumatic quotes those are last ones I want to think of.
But my experiences of "insertions" just ONLY ONE QUOTE being "picked" to replay and repeat again and again continuously. Can non-stop last for many days.

Whoever have schizophrenia knowledge or experience, please tell me can thought insertions be happen like a repeating ONE AND ONLY SAME QUOTE. Not others are replaying either.

And what struggle is, not always easy to push it away.

It's NOT illusion, it's NOT real, and NOT mine.
It's a stuff not belong to me or my wish to keep in mind, and it is unpleasant I don't want it , but I can't easy to push it away, can't always easy to distract by my own. (that's why I call it "mind rape")

At the moment I used to find best solution is, have a contact(especially conversation or chat) only with a reliable or familiar person.
Since it's better try to prevent med as possible cuz of side effects.
Besides what improvements from reliable contact chat can be equal or better than med. Plus no side effects.

EarthChild

EarthChild

I get thought insertion too. Often it leads to voice but not always. I don't get same thought placed in my head but similar themes of violence or sex or threats. It's from the evil spirit living in my head (Alien). He puts a thought in my head (not my own) and tells me I'm bad for thinking it but it's him not me.

A

Amberleyleak

I get thought insertion too. Often it leads to voice but not always. I don't get same thought placed in my head but similar themes of violence or sex or threats. It's from the evil spirit living in my head (Alien). He puts a thought in my head (not my own) and tells me I'm bad for thinking it but it's him not me.

Me also experience the mind rape of keep replaying in my mind against my wish and one in common is just only about one subject - racist issue.

I used to suffer from keep being forced to repeat unhappy stuffs in my mind against my wish - some racist quotes, one of it I heard myself before but just only happened once, then being "picked" to play again and again.

When I was in a mental ward the other night, I also did heard another patient being lectured by a ward staff, happened at middle of the night, the lecture was about subjects of races and racist, it's spoken to that mental health patient who used to create trouble or start a fight with everyone in ward then later being locked up. That locked up patient took drugs in the ward being discovered by staff, which was another reason to lock her away from others, it's found those cannabis being called "funny smell" by people in ward might appeared earlier then no longer happened after that patient being locked up.

And before experienced "funny smell" in that mental ward, I earlier used to experience a very long term suffer with smelling cannabis against my wish, when I was living the older property before a close neighbour take cannabis every day. I "took cannabis indirectly" against my wish every day in where I lived as well.

As I knew the cannabis is one can cause schizophrenia (including thought insertions syndrome), I wonder if it might be the reason of all those unwilling cannabis experiences from long term in my before property plus those in mental ward earlier days, is one causing my repeating mind rape - if it's indeed sort of schizophrenia symptom thought insertion.

B

butterfly88

What do they tell you? I want to know, I'm curious.

L

Lab rat

I have struggled with suicide thoughts put into my mind. It’s worrying because it doesn’t take much to push me over the edge. 😞

B

butterfly88

I have struggled with suicide thoughts put into my mind. It’s worrying because it doesn’t take much to push me over the edge.

I take a shower when i feel too negative it helps me calm down, i was feeling very depressed and i don't feel like showering when i feel depressed. Then i forced myself to stand under the shower just a few minutes and i felt instantly nice.

A

Amberleyleak

I take a shower when i feel too negative it helps me calm down, i was feeling very depressed and i don't feel like showering when i feel depressed. Then i forced myself to stand under the shower just a few minutes and i felt instantly nice.
I dived myself into a bathtub of hot water