• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Thought I was getting better

C

Cassius

Just when I thought I was getting better, I’m starting to think the worse about the future again, It’s all work related.
The weather is horrid outside and I feel the same inside. I never had anxiety or depression when I was younger so why has it entered my life now ? I want my life back !

R

Rider52

I'm going through the same thing. I'll start to feel like I'm doing better and sometimes I feel the same way again. I've never had any issues in the past either.

Each day seems like a challenge between feeling anxious and a depressed mood. I've tried everything for getting professional help and I'm told I'm healthy and it's stress. I have a lot going on, but usually I can handle things better. I keep myself busy, eat well, and get enough rest. Hopefully I'll get this figured out and feel more like myself again. I hope things get better for you.

A

AL123

Hey Cassius. If you don't mind me asking what's causing you to feel this way to do with work related? This weather really doesn't help. It sure is horrid. I never had anxiety or depression when I was younger either. Try and stay positive. Feel free to message me if you like. Hope you feel bit better as the day goes on.

C

Cassius

Hey Cassius. If you don't mind me asking what's causing you to feel this way to do with work related? This weather really doesn't help. It sure is horrid. I never had anxiety or depression when I was younger either. Try and stay positive. Feel free to message me if you like. Hope you feel bit better as the day goes on.
Hi AL123
I run a business and the future looks tough. Had to make redundancies which has made me feel even worse ! I used to be so positive, even in bad times but for some reason I’ve started thinking the worse is more likely to happen. Can’t seem to locate the optimism in my mind and body. Just unable to understand these negative thought processes. Makes me so angry at times.

C

Cassius

I'm going through the same thing. I'll start to feel like I'm doing better and sometimes I feel the same way again. I've never had any issues in the past either.

Each day seems like a challenge between feeling anxious and a depressed mood. I've tried everything for getting professional help and I'm told I'm healthy and it's stress. I have a lot going on, but usually I can handle things better. I keep myself busy, eat well, and get enough rest. Hopefully I'll get this figured out and feel more like myself again. I hope things get better for you.
Thanks Rider52!

PlasticPilot

PlasticPilot

This time of the year does fuel depression i find, hopefully it will be sunny soon :)

A

AL123

Hi Cassius.
Sorry to hear you had to do that. Can understand how you must be feeling after doing that. Have you noticed your doing certain things differently to normal. It's normal to think worse will happen when your feeling low. These things will take time, but keep posting on here and we will do our best to help. The anger is totally understandable as well for the way you feel. Have you any hobbies that could help you out in these times?

C

Cassius

Hi Cassius.
Sorry to hear you had to do that. Can understand how you must be feeling after doing that. Have you noticed your doing certain things differently to normal. It's normal to think worse will happen when your feeling low. These things will take time, but keep posting on here and we will do our best to help. The anger is totally understandable as well for the way you feel. Have you any hobbies that could help you out in these times?
Hi AL123
Thanks for your kind words.
I’m still functioning and doing things pretty much the same way as normal. I’m not probably taking as much care about myself as I normally would e.g. the way I dress and eat. My hobbies are golf and going to the gym. I try and play golf on a Saturday but haven’t been in the gym for 3 months. Just don’t feel like doing either.
I’ve been lying in bed awake for the last 3 hours and my heads been full of nonsense. Got to get up and try and get to to work !

Newstartformetoday

Newstartformetoday

Just when I thought I was getting better, I’m starting to think the worse about the future again, It’s all work related.
The weather is horrid outside and I feel the same inside. I never had anxiety or depression when I was younger so why has it entered my life now ? I want my life back !
Hi C,

look deeply at the words you use and how you wrote them. “Just when I THOUGHT I was getting BETTER”; this was a time you felt good ....... to now “I’m Starting to THINK the WORSE about the future again”

we are driven by how we talk or instruct our brains to think, to chemicalise..... when you thought positively you lived positively, with hope and ambition, but as soon as you told YOURSELF that things were bad you adjusted that cycle and more to the point you then gave “It” justification by using the Poor Weather.

we are lead by what we tell ourselves, and how we set up our WHY”, Why did I feel good yesterday? And not today? .... look at yesterday, what did you tell yourself? Or more importantly what DIDNT you tell yourself.

A

AL123

Hey Cassius
It's understandable not to be looking after yourself if your feeling way you are. When I was going through my battle with depression and anxiety I didn't care about what I ate or looked like. I would do all sorts like lying in bed awake too. Whatever you think you are not alone in feeling the way you do. Golf is a good hobby to have. The fresh air playing that will help as well as the golf itself. Did you use to go to the gym weekly? Hope you got off to work all okay.

P

Professionalhypochondriac

Weather will certainly have an impact on mood... dark mornings and nights and very little sunlight make the world seem a dark place which for us sufferers of mental health we all know we see the world as a dark and scary place anyway..
Vitamin d depletion can add to feels of depression so maybe try a supplement or try more dietary sources to see if that helps at all.

C

Cassius

Hey Cassius
It's understandable not to be looking after yourself if your feeling way you are. When I was going through my battle with depression and anxiety I didn't care about what I ate or looked like. I would do all sorts like lying in bed awake too. Whatever you think you are not alone in feeling the way you do. Golf is a good hobby to have. The fresh air playing that will help as well as the golf itself. Did you use to go to the gym weekly? Hope you got off to work all okay.
Got off to work okay thanks.
I used to go gym weekly and have been doing so for years. Just at this moment in time I’m just about coping with going to work.
I know I should go and exercise but I feel exhausted after work.

C

Cassius

Hi C,

look deeply at the words you use and how you wrote them. “Just when I THOUGHT I was getting BETTER”; this was a time you felt good ....... to now “I’m Starting to THINK the WORSE about the future again”

we are driven by how we talk or instruct our brains to think, to chemicalise..... when you thought positively you lived positively, with hope and ambition, but as soon as you told YOURSELF that things were bad you adjusted that cycle and more to the point you then gave “It” justification by using the Poor Weather.

we are lead by what we tell ourselves, and how we set up our WHY”, Why did I feel good yesterday? And not today? .... look at yesterday, what did you tell yourself? Or more importantly what DIDNT you tell yourself.
Hi New
What you say is so true !
However, I’ve been in control for long periods of my life, or I believe I have been. At this moment in time I feel my future is not in my hands and I feel somewhat helpless, this is the crux. Like you, I also believe that you are driven by what you say. More chance of positive things happening if you have a positive mindset.

N

Nukelavee

Something I've learned about dealing with depression or anxiety, and getting better at coping, is that we improve, plateau, and then backslide a bit before improving again. Not always with the backsliding, though.

to me, I think it's because we get kinda confident and cocky when we have our issues under control, and we slack off a bit on the routine things we do to deal with it. And, it can be very gradual, often I don't notice I'm on a downwards trend until it's been going on a while.

Plus - it can be hard to build defenses for events we never even thought about, an outside of context event can seriously discombobulate things. It makes us feel weak.

My point is, being angry or disappointed with yourself only makes it worse.

-honestly - I just wanted to use discombobulate in a sentence right there, lol.