• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

This week....*poss trigger*

D

danniegirl

I hit that rock bottom.

I admitted myself (for the first time) into a nhs psych hosp....and within the day discharged myself, I paniced, it was new...

I stayed at my grandparents who live down the road from hubby and daughter and then asked the crisis team to readmit me. This never happened.
I ended up taking an od (which wasn't a suicide attempt) and in an amu for 3 days in a bad way. But what I do remember is 1. My grandparents being REALLY REALLY angry at me (calling me names and actually being nasty) when I told them I'd done it (they've never been nasty like that ever) and 2. The nurses physically hurting me. Like, pressing down hard on my collar bone and squeezing behind the left side of my collar bone and shoulder blade area. Now I don't have bruises but it's still very sore there. I have a bruise on my hip. Like, is hurting patients a way if trying to keep them awake or something? Or was this something else... I went in Monday came out Wednesday and it's pretty fresh in my mind still and all rather confusing....

Last edited by a moderator:
Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

It sounds as though you've been through an awful time. I hope you're feeling better than you were.

I'm not making excuses for them but your grandparents must have been so worried and scared, particularly if you were at their house when you OD'd. Have you spoken much with them since?

I've not heard of nurses physically hurting someone to keep them awake. That, of course, doesn't mean that it doesn't happen! Were you drifting in and out of consciousness at the time?

It sounds as though they were a traumatic few days. I hope that you don't feel in crisis still and that things are looking a little brighter :hug1:

D

danniegirl

Yeah, I've seen my grandparents since and have seemed fine. They have experienced me do it before as I lived with them from the age of 11 until I was 21-when I moved out with hubby..they've never acted like that before..
I was completely out of it... The Nature of what I took was sedation...
I'm not at crisis point but very low...trying to hide it but the evenings are hard..

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

I'm glad you're grandparents are fine with you now but sorry that you're still struggling. Have you got any ongoing help? I mean, are you having any therapy or counselling at the moment?

I know how difficult and tiring it is pretending to feel better than you are. If you're not getting any help, a visit to your GP, or psychiatrist, if you have one, might be a good idea.

D

danniegirl

Well I've seen my gp... She's told me to speak to my cc...who is nice but I just don't connect with, I am under a private psych but can't afford to see him/already owe money and I really connect with him, I could see the one at my trust but I really don't get on with him...I know him very well.
Thinking about it all just seems too much..